Saturday, July 19, 2008

Well, I guess a lot has happened since the day before we left for Vegas. Like, say, a vacation to Las Vegas! It was REALLY fun and I had a wonderful time! We ate a lot of good food (In and out Burger, BOUCHON, and the Bellagio buffet, to name a few places), spent a TON of money (oops) and sweated our brains off! I could give you a day-by-day....

Sunday-Arrived around 5:15, spent a few minutes with John and Morgan who met us at the airport, took a shuttle to the hotel which took forever because we were the last stop, got settled, ate at a really good louisiana style restaurant at the Orleans (I had gumbo...mmm..) and then walked from the Orleans to the Luxor, which surprisingly only took about a half hour or so. The heat was incredible...the wind was blowing and even though it was 8:00 and getting dark it was like an oven! Once we got to the Luxor and met everybody there, we walked down the strip to the Bellagio fountains, and went to Planet Hollywood (FFFuh) and discovered Fat Tuesdays. Mmmmm......more on that later. I think eventually we made our way back to the Luxor and took a cab back to the Orleans and made it back there by 2:15am. It was fun:)

Monday-Had to get up early-ish to meet my team for Check-In for the Bowling Tournament. We Checked in, and then Eric and I went over to the Luxor to meet everybody! We wandered around the strip that day, on the closer side to the Luxor. Eric and I ate at Quizno's where John found an amazing two for one water sale (:), and then headed towards NY, NY, MGM, etc. Then we headed back to the hotel to get ready for our Big evening. We dined at BOUCHON, one of Thomas Kellers restaurants, which was AMAZING, wandered around the Venetian, and then went to see Mystere at Treasure Island, (Cirque de Soleil). It was good times! Unfortunately I had to have a relatively early evening because we somehow managed to obtain the 9:00 slot for the bowling tournament.

Tuesday-Bowling began at 9:00am sharp! I pretended my average was 175, which actually worked as I actually averaged 178 or so. So I bowled really well. My team bowled well overall and had a 33rd place finish out of 239 teams or so! After bowling was done, everyone met us at the Orleans. John played at the pool while PRI, Morgo, Jo and Eric went to the outlet mall. That was fun! (I thought). Although I didn't buy anything except for chinese food for lunch. And water. Thank goodness for bottled water in Vegas. We wandered around there for a couple hours. Eric found a bunch of new clothes (YAY) and Pri got some shopping done for her co-workers. Morgan found new shoes. Jo resisted the urge to buy anything, especially in the Coach store! When we were done there we headed back to the Orleans. Everyone deserted me because I had to go to my bowling banquet. They went for dinner with Morgans mom and grandma at the Luxor Cafe and then to the Stratosphere for rides. My banquet was pretty good. There was an open bar and decent food. Nothing eventful though. After the banquet I just went back to my hotel room and read and watched TV. And that was Tuesday!

Wednesday-We were picked up around 8:00 in Vagine, our rental Jeep liberty to go to the Grand Canyon!!!! YAY! We stopped at McDonalds for breakfast.....eeeek....and then headed out on our long journey through the desert. The Grand Canyon was beautiful (and very hot). We walked along the rim for a while, turning back when there were no restaurants and gift shops in sigh, and then went to the visitors center. I think we did that one backwards...ooops. We got back in Vagine, drove down where there was a restaurant and gift shop, had a light lunch, bought a couple souvenirs, and then started the 5 hour drive back to vegas! We stopped in Kingman for IN and OUT burger (mmmmm) and then arrived in Vegas around 11:00 or something. Johnny dropped us off at our hotel (I think we had Fat Tuesdays again before leaving the Luxor) and then we started packing our things up to check out the folowing morning.

Thursday-We had to get up early (again) because Johnny was picking us up in the rental to take us back to the Luxor before Vagine had to go back to Dollar Rental. That was very helpful because we had all of our bags and things! Much easier and cheaper than taking a cab. So we arrived at the Luxor with all of our stuff, and then hung out while everyone got ready. We wandered down to the Bellagio for YUMMY buffet. We paid for breakfast and got lunch too!!! After brunch we went to the Secret Garden at the Mirage and saw BABY TIGERS!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They were SOOOOOO cute. I love baby tigers:) Uncle Eric even picked out a baby bib for Sadie with a white baby tiger on it, although I don't know if she's got it yet! We wandered around there for a bit, saw all the animals (dolphins too!). And then what did we do??? Probably watched the fountains and headed back to the hotel so John and Pri could get ready to go to the airport:( After they left Morgan, Eric and I went to Fat Tuesdays. Ooops. Morgan and I had the brilliant idea to share a Yard Dog (tall yummy margherita) and then we wandered around Mandalay Bay. I finally got to show Eric the wine tower in the cool restaurant there. It's huge! And then Morgan and I decided to share another Yard Dog. Ooops. We picked up some cards and some munchies and headed back to the hotel room to play games and devour chips. And drinks. And then for some reason, we went back for a third yard dog. Hmmm...I'm not sure why that one happened, but for once it wasn't my fault. I don't think. Ooops:) Anyhow, after the third one was consumed, we all went to sleep.

Friday-We got to sleep in! YAY!!! We went to the pool, got sunburned, went to "House of Blues" for lunch/dinner and had an overall relaxing, yard dog-free day.

Saturday-Had to check out, wandered around the strip for a bit, visited the fountains and PH, walked all the way through MGM looking for...what was it? And then headed back to the Luxor to collect our bags and go to the airport:( Poor Morgan had to stay in the airport forever!!! Her flight left a lot later than ours, and she couldn't come to our terminal so I was sad:(


SO, that was Vegas. It was awesome!!!! Sorry if you're bored!

And now I'm coming to Edmonton on Wednesday. I should be excited, and I am because I'll get to see people, especially my mommy, sister's, Brother in law's and BABY NIECE!!! Uncle Eric will finally get to meet her. I'm excited about that the most, because Eric will absolutely love her! But I'm all apprehensive about the medical procedure that my mommy has to endure. It's very stressful!!!

So, this is the longest post ever I think, and It's going to come to an end. See you all soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home