Saturday, March 15, 2008

What a pain in the neck!

As most of you know, I have neck problems...

I was referred to a doctor down here, but never got up the nerve to go because I was afraid of the costs, and I was hoping that my neck was all better.

Well, my neck is certainly not better. And it's about time I went to the damn doctor!!!! So I spent last week looking into the doctors, seeing if insurance would cover it...you know, that sort of thing. The conclusion that I came to is that it's going to be expensive. My insurance will cover a certain percentage after my deductible. My deductible is $500......SO, I'll have to pay at least that much. That sucks.

BUT....

There's no price on good health. My neck is aching most of the time, I'm having hip/sciatica problems, and I am not sleeping well. SO, I'm tired all the time, probably irritable, and in pain. I need to go to the doctor. I was just going to go to a regular chiropractor, but I don't think I want to go to somebody who doesn't specialize in Atlas Subluxation. I don't think they'd be able to provide me with the treatment that I need. So I'm going to go to the specialist, and he should be able to get me the same treatment I was recieving in Edmonton. I'll put my faith/trust in that!!! Kind of funny though. I had an appointment with this doctor, but I cancelled it because I was going to try and find a doctor where my insurance would pay for it. But then they sent me a brochure with information about the care they provide and how they specialize in subluxation, and it made me realize exactly why I was referred to them in the first place, and that this is where I really need to go to get better. So now I have another appointment to cancel with a different regular chiropractor, and I need to make a new appointment with the doctor I had cancelled on before. Fun stuff.

So Hopefully my neck pains will be going away soon...

That's really all that's been going on lately! Eric's been busy practicing and working. I've been busy practicing and working...I'm getting really nervous about my band concert in April, where I'm playing a 10 minute solo with the band........AHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Anyhow, I guess I should go. Hopefully you're not all too bored now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home