Friday, December 28, 2007

Early Friday Morning

I found myself awake and alert this morning, WAAYYYYY before my alarm was set to go off. So I lay there for a little while, wondering what time it was, and then I just decided to get up because I didn't feel like laying in bed for an hour...
So here I am.
Christmas was good. I must have been good because I got a lot of stuff! Especially gift cards!!! I got over $200 at Target, $50 at Old Navy/Gap, some for Panera bread (mmmmmmm....) and a couple of those visa gift cards. Non gift card gifts included some lotion that I REALLY wanted (and really LOVE), a tea presser thingy that you brew tea in, a cashmere scarf, some movies, a new FM transmitter for my iPod, a horny snowman (but not as horny as my horny owl), some hot chocolate and tea, and probably a bunch of stuff that I'm not mentioning. Wow!! Oooh, and a cool wallet!! It's fun.
So last night I went shopping!!!!!! That was fun, because I didn't spend any of my own money:) First I went to Old Navy and bought a fun orange button down hoodie sweater. I found out that you can use Gap gift cards at Old navy. If I had known this for sure, I would have bought something else at Old navy as well. Which I may still do sometime soon. Then I bounded off to Panera for some dinner and enjoyed chicken noodle soup, a turkey artichoke panini and some iced green tea. Panera is SOOOOO delicious. And then I went to this sporting goods store called "Dicks" because I want to buy new running shoes, but they didn't have the shoes that I was interested in. I also looked at a couple of new jackets, because my winter coat is 7-8 years old, and although it's still in fairly good condition, the zipper is starting to split spontaneously, so I think I should just get a new one....but I didn't find one last night. After I left Dicks, I decided I had better drive my bassoon home because I had it in the trunk of my car. Brrrrrrrrrrrr......so I dropped it off at home and went to TARGET. I LOVE Target. I got a set of those resistance bands so I can do some resistance work outs in our apartment. I also got an electric hand mixer ( a cheap one, so I hope it works), three pairs of pants and three shirts. Target isn't the best for new clothes, but it certainly isn't the worst!!! Two of the pairs of pants I got are sort of like Khakis, but way more comfy. They remind me of my pants that i had from Lucy that mysteriously went missing last fall. I also found a pair of jeans that fit me well. Then I got a long sleeved tee shirt and two comfy fun sweaters. I am one happy girl, because I still have a few target gift cards left! I really wanted to buy Shrek the third, but I couldn't find a copy:( So sad!! Maybe next time!!!!
So that was my adventure last night. I'm hoping to get to the running store where I got my last pair of runners this weekend, or possibly even tonight so I can get some new shoes. I guess I also have to shop around for a new winter jacket!!!!! Shopping is so much fun!!!!

And now that I've bored you with all my shopping stuff, maybe I should tell you a little bit about the actual holidays. It was SOOOOO nice that we were invited to Colin and Laura's parents house for Christmas eve. We sat with their family, ate lasagna and then after dinner colin and I took turns playing Christmas carols on the piano. That's the tradition I miss most from home. We used to go to my grandparents house on Christmas Eve and we would always sing carols for a couple of hours. I loved it, but now we don't do it anymore, so it's so sad:( So playing them on the piano was so much fun, and enjoyable despite the fact that I'm WAAAYYYY out of practice and i made several mistakes. Oh well:)
On christmas day we headed out to Eric's parents house where we ate a lot of food, had good company and watched a couple of movies, although I was rather sleep deprived so I couldn't stay awake through the movies. I guess I'll have to try and see the Simpson's movie another time.
And that was that. Wednesday I was back at work with my babies, and it was a good day because most of the babies weren't there. It was a very laid back, mellow, relaxing day:)

We haven't decided what we're doing for new year's yet. We know who we're spending it with, but just not what we're doing....

And now I'll stop boring you all!!!!

1 Comments:

At 12:01 AM, Blogger 'Nita said...

Weird... We don't accept Gap or Banana Republic gift cards at Old Navy in Canada... Unless I'm very mistaken... I've told many customers that we don't accept them, in any case. ^_^

 

Post a Comment

<< Home