Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Twas the week before Christmas

I sat down here thinking that I had a whole lot to write, but I am finding myself, well, without a lot to write.

We were busy on the weekend. There was a lot of snow on Saturday, and we met our friends at their house with the possibility of staying the night in case we didn't want to drive home in the yucky snow. So the night went on, and when it became obvious that we weren't leaving any time soon, I fell asleep on the chair while the boys stayed up getting festive. I woke up and it was 3:45 or so, and tried to decide whether or not we should go home while there were less people on the road, or stay the night. If we stayed it would mean that I would have to go to Eric's sax lesson the following day. I had stuff I wanted to get done, so I decided that we should drive home at 4:00 in the morning! It actually wasn't so bad because the streets were all being plowed and salted, and there was hardly anybody on the road. So we made it home safe and sound, and in Eric's case, festive, and I got to sleep in my own bed and run some errands the next day while Eric had a lesson. Later on we met back up with our friends, did some more running around and had dinner etc. I actually had monday off this week as I switched my day off with my co-teacher, so I have to work on Friday. But that's okay. Two four-day weekends in a row.

And now it's Thursday. And I'm so sad that I still have another work day tomorrow!!!!! On the plus side, it's the day before the weekend before Christmas, so maybe it will be a fun day. I kind of want to bring Garfield Christmas and watch it, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to get the TV to watch it tomorrow morning. Or maybe I'll figure out something else fun to do with babies:) I remember two years ago when I worked the Friday before Christmas....I was there past my end time because parents were busy Christmas shopping instead of spending time with their beloved children:) Maybe it will be different this year........maybe not?
This week has been good for gift getting though. I must have been a good girl, because I got a lot of gifts from my babies!!! A lot of gift cards, which is good because I have a bunch of stuff I would like to buy, such as new running shoes and some clothes. Mmmmm, clothes. And shoes. Mmmm....hahaha:) And I must have been a really good girl because there's lots of presents under my tree too!!! Merry Christmas JoJo:)

Hmmmm......I guess we're expecting Eric's sister over any minute, so maybe I should post this....and I should go and drink my tea. Mmm, tea.

1 Comments:

At 5:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love how you described Eric as "festive" :):):):) yay for presents! Did you ever take your presents out of my ginormous box? I really hope you like them!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home