It's time for another one:)
Hey! Wow, I feel like I just posted here!My back hurts....I've been sitting a lot today. I had to wake up just after five so I could drive North (almost to Wisconsin...well, okay, so it was only about a half hour away, and not actually almost to Wisconsin, but seriously) to write two certification exams today. I hope they went well and in a month or so I will get happy results that say I passed......hopefully. And then I will be an illinois certified teacher. I guess I already am an illinois certified teacher but on a provisional basis. But after I pass these test I will have non-provisional certification. Whatever that means. Nothing, probably:)
So yeah, I got there around 6:30 this morning, hung around until I could go into my exam at 7:15, sat the exam and was done at 9:45 or so. My next exam wasn't until 2:00. I had to be creative to fill the space between 9:45 and 1:30, let me tell you. First I drove to the "shopping complex" only to discover that there was really only a grocery store. I drove around some more, looking for at least a Target, but came up empty. Nowhere to shop:( So I bought gas (it was cheaper way up north!), went to the grocery store and wandered aimlessly, went to Wendy's for lunch (mmmmm), wandered around aimlessly some more, eventually buying "The life and times of the Thunderbolt Kid" by Bill Bryson so that I could spend some time reading. I didn't even think about bringing a book. I never even considered what I would do if I got out of my exam early. After my basic skills test that I took in June, I was convinced these tests would both take me four hours each! Not so, apparently! Anyhow, eventually the time arrived for me to take the other test, and I got out of there at 4:45. Then I drove home and Eric and I drove out to the city to go to his concert! And now I'm here, sitting some more and my back is really aching! Maybe I should go lie down or something!
And now I'm trying to think of more stuff to write.
I'm really sad that I don't get thanksgiving this weekend. Thanksgiving was always one of my favorite holidays, probably because it came around when I really needed a break, even if it was just an extra day, from school. And the fact that there was usually a lot of good food and a family gathering really added to it too! But now it's just columbus day, and i don't even get Monday off for Columbus day. Only special people get it off, I suppose. I'm just not special enough. I hope everybody enjoys their Turkey and Pie tomorrow! I will be eating chicken, I think. Baked chicken legs with sweet potatoes. Or something. But no pie:(


1 Comments:
If it makes you feel any better, our family Thanksgiving dinner was at Noodle Noodle Sunday.
All thought my b'day dinner was turkey. I didn't even get to take home any left overs. My dad horded it all.
Post a Comment
<< Home