Hot Too Hot

Well, this is what we did this weekend. Today (sunday)we went to see some baseball action. I have never been to a Schaumburg Flyers game before, but today was "Roosevelt Family Day", and since I technically work at Roosevelt university, for 10 bucks we got food and a baseball game, so I just couldn't pass that up. Plus they were playing the Edmonton Cracker Cat, so I just had to go! Wow, it was hot. Sunny and hot. Thank goodness for sunscreen and baseball hats, because I was cooking! Eric and I were both covered in sweat.....gross. It was a good time, but man, the Cracker Cats really stunk out there! They were losing 8-0 when we left at the top of the eighth inning. I decided it was too hot and not worth it to stay, so we beat the traffic and got out of there a couple innings early! There were a few other Edmonton fans near where we were sitting....probably the parents/family of one of the players! Otherwise, I was cheering alone:) Oh well!!!! At least I got to hear the Canadian national anthem!!!!

Yesterday we attended Eric's cousin's wedding reception. They got married in Utah in July, so they had a reception here on Saturday. It was REALLY nice. A Hawaiian theme and yummy food, and of course an open bar:)
After the wedding (it was a lunch reception) we just came home and vegged out. We got a cheasy horror flick for free On Demand, and I watched it while Eric slept. We also did laundry and went grocery shopping etc, so we didn't have to worry about that stuff today.
Oh, and I put my two weeks in at the music store on Friday! I think I will have the opportunity to sub with a school district on Friday's....it'll be like subbing in Edmonton. You're put in a pool and they call you with regards to your availability and stuff. Hopefully that works out for me!!! If not, well then I'll just have Friday's off again! Hooray!!
So that's my news. Hopefully I'm not too sunburned, and now we've got to figure out what we're doing for the rest of the day!


1 Comments:
Yay for two weeks' notice! Hopefully you'll be able to start subbing soon, mind you Fridays off are nice too:)
Post a Comment
<< Home