Saturday, January 05, 2008

Saturday Morning Rantings:)

Ahhhh, isn't tea a wonderful thing?
I've been hooked on tea lately, and I got a lot of great tea for christmas. Eric got me Spicy Mint Chocolate tea for Christmas, which is AMAZING, and Morgan got me some peppermint tea, which I also love. Mint tea is my favorite tea right now. I mix it with green tea...mmmm....I'm drinking some spicy mint chocolate tea right now. Mmmmm, relaxing.
I also got a tea press for christmas. Although I still have yet to use it, I wanted one and I will enjoy using it when the time is right:) Unfortunately, none of the people who are ever in my apartment enjoy tea nearly as much as I do, unless of course Morgan comes to visit!!!
A weird thing is: since moving to the US, I've slowly become more and more accostomed to drinking tea without any sweetener. Only lately, I've noticed that unsweetened tea does not taste nearly as horrible as it used to. And yesterday and today especially, I've run out of splenda, so I didn't put any sugar in it, but I'm still enjoying it. Not necessarily as much as sweetened tea, but definitely still enjoying. That's a good thing. No calories, no chemicals, no additives. Just tea. Mmmm....

SO that's my tea rant for the day.

We went to see Phantom of the Opera on Sunday night. Wow. I don't think I realized how dark the play/musical really is. As obsessed with the music as I once was as a kid, I never knew the full story line until I saw the movie a year or two ago, but even the movie isn't as dark as the musical. I was VERY impressed with the stage/special effects. They were amazing. It's incredible what they can do with lighting, staging, sets and other things. I think my favorite part was when the Phantom was observing Christine and Rauol from the gargoyle in the cemetery and so he was hanging from the ceiling on a gargoyle. That part was also memorable because the Phantom became so emotional....the person who played the Phantom that night was truly amazing. He was the understudy (it apparently was understudy night) and wow, he was incredible. His voice was amazing, he really got into the role, and his emotional turmoil was so real.....made me feel like crying! Truly incredible. Wow.

LOVED it!!!

Let's see, what else can I rant about? Ooooh, I know! My stupidity! I left my bassoon in the car for 10.5 hours during the coldest day Illinois has experienced since valentine's day. That was fun. I went to reach for my bassoon because I was going to practice after work and it wasn't there. I was momentarily confused because I knew for a fact that I had remembered to grab it on my way out the door for work, and then I came to the horrific realization as to what I had done. CRAP!!!!! In a panic I flew out the door, called Eric and freaked out over the phone. I got my bassoon home to our nice warm apartment, and let it sit. Eric and I looked it over and it seems to be okay. We couldn't find any cracks. I played it this morning for a little while, and so far, so good. So my stupidity hasn't amounted to anything just yet, but we'll see.......what a dumb dumb!!!

Any more rants?????

Sure, why not. I guess I could talk about New Years. New years was amazingly quiet. Loved it. After work (I got off around 4:45, which was nice), and headed over to Colin and Laura's. They prepared enough yummy food for an army, and we basically just sat around, eat a lot, played a game and watched the countdown from Times Square. Then we sort of half watched TV, and half fell asleep on the comfy couch. I was exhausted because I hardly got any sleep the night before, due to our late arrival after Phantom of the Opera. We stayed over night there. The weather was bad, we were exhausted....and surprisingly there was very little alcohol involved! I think Eric and Colin both had two or three drinks, and I don't think Laura or I had any! Pretty hard-core, I know!!! The next day, we slept in a bit, had breakfast, watched Ratatouille, (cute movie) lazed around, and went back to our apartment for dinner and wii. Wiiiiii!!!!!! It was great. Holidays are really great when you're spending them with the right people!
I could go into the whole New years, self-reflection stuff, but really, I don't have much to say in that respect. I have made no resolutions. Hopefully in a few months, Eric and I will know just where we'll be next year. Probably we'll be in Chicago, but potentially we could be in Ohio. Hopefully I'll figure out where I'll be working next year, and or/what else I'll be doing. Rather than goal-setting and reflecting, I'm just letting time pass because I figure time will tell and then I'll be able to take more charge of my life. That might not be the best thing, but I think it's best for now.

And now I'm done. I should go practice some more, since we're starting rehearsals on my solo in 6 days. AHHHH:):):):):):):):):):):)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home