Whacky Weather and Whacky Drills
Weather sure has been weird around here....it started to get really nice, which turned to really windy, which turned to a TORNADO watch, which then turned to rainstorms/thunderstorms, which turned back to nice, and then finally turned to a nice big snowstorm today. The snowstorm today resulted in my band director cancelling band rehearsal tonight without my knowledge because I can't check my email (really) at work, which resulted in me driving all the way north for nothing. (and let it be known that the roads weren't bad at all). Sigh. Anyhow, Tuesday night it was SUPER windy and cold and the ground was soaking wet from all the thunder/rain storms. It was about 10 (or maybe even 5) minutes till six (I leave at six), I still had 8, yes EIGHT, 2 year olds so a preschool teacher had to come and stay in my room until I dropped enough to go home. We were just sitting there, minding our own business reading a story (Commotion in the Ocean, or maybe it was the Barnyard one) when all of a sudden the fire alarm goes off. We (the preschool teacher and me) looked at each other like "ARE YOU SERIOUS????", rounded up the 8 two-year-olds and hearded them out the door into the freezing cold wind. One of my babies was very upset so I had to hold him up in my arms and then outside I had to kneel down on the ground to huddle with the other 7 two year olds, which resulted in my pants getting very dirty, and I'm not sure if the stains will come out. (Sidenote, I bleached a pair of pants today, not impressed....). Anyhow, one of my children's parents came over to us bearing blankets. I think we had a successful firedrill though as I think we got out in three minutes. Hooray for us!!!Anyhow, so my new co-teacher started yesterday, and things are going well. We sort of have an extra teacher in our unit so today both of the classrooms combined in the morning so that we could have some 'teacher-time-out'. I got an hour, and I was in the LRC when my supervisors emerged from their office bearing blowhorns for our TORNADO DRILL. I decided that I had to run to my classroom because I had two people in there who probably didn't know where we had to go for the tornado drill. SO, I hearded my new co-teacher and seven children into our bathroom to sit on the floor and sing songs, and after that I hearded 6 two year olds and another toucan teacher out the door and around a corner to go to the other tornado spot. Fun!!! We did well.....apparently.
So, that's my story. And stuff.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home