Back
Hi all. Our weekend was really good. Eric's auditions went alright, although he's not happy with his Bowling Green audition. We're crossing our fingers for Bowling Green, especially for an assistantship there. I liked being in Bowling Green. The downtown is pretty cool, and there are some beautiful houses around there. Plus, chances are that Sean will be there, too, and that would be pretty cool. It was really nice seeing Sean, seeing as how it's been a LONG time since we last saw him. Probably over a year. We shared a hotel room with him. Funny story though. Sean booked the hotel room. At 7:00 Friday night (we were on the tollway, just beginning our drive) he calls Eric's phone and tells me that he's made a HUGE mistake, and it turns out that he booked a room in Bowling Green, Kentucky instead of Ohio. So we ended up staying at a kind of dumpy hotel, but it was fine. My lumpy pillow and hard mattress were actually pretty comfortable.....We arrived in Bowling Green around 1:00 in the morning, so it pretty much took us exactly 5 hours to get there. We stayed up until around 2:00 (Sean and Eric were talking 'shop') and the boys got up around 7:30 for their day. I woke up with them, and had a hard time getting back to sleep. I contemplated going to McDonalds for breakfast, but decided that I should try to sleep instead. I dozed for around an hour, but then housekeeping woke me up. After that I got up, showered and went for food. I was hoping for French Toast (I still am, actually), but the breakfast place close by looked really busy, so I walked down the road a ways towards McDonalds, noticed that there was a tour bus outside of it (and it was further) so I went to Wendy's instead. It was slow, and not all that great, but it was food and I was really hungry. I then took a bit of a drive and then went back to the hotel room until Eric phoned me. Apparently Sean was NOT having a good weekend....he left his lights on on his rental car, and the battery was DEAD. So I had to rush to their rescue (although not really) while they waited for the moron tow truck driver to arrive to give them a boost. The guy was retarded and had a hard time finding us in the university area. Plus, it didn't even seem as though he really knew how to boost a car. Thank goodness a campus policeman was there, otherwise he may never have gotten his car to go!!!!
Anyhow, after that adventure we went for dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings and then later met one of the Saxophone grad students at Bowling Green and some of his friends at a bar downtown. It was fun. We stayed out until around midnight, and Sean had to leave around 5:00 for his flight this morning! Eric and I woke up around 6:30. left around 7:30 and drove to Chicago for his second audition! After finding food and having Eric get changed in the car, we headed towards the music building, Eric practiced for a bit and then had his audition. Then we came home!! And that's the end of my boring weekend story. It was a good weekend!!!! Although not a lot of sleeping was involved so I'm really tired (Eric's asleep now, and has been for a long while). We were watching "The Raiders of the Lost Ark" and Eric pulled a Joanne (or a Jill) and fell asleep near the beginning of the movie. So I watched it all by myself!
Anyhow, I should get ready for bed!!! Goodnight:):):):)


2 Comments:
Sounds like you had a busy weekend with not much sleep also. I will write about mine in my blog later today, I hope. Keeping our fingers and toes crossed!!!
Love to you Both!
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!
Who would want to go to Kentucky, anyway?
Post a Comment
<< Home