Sunday, February 19, 2006

Scrapbooking?

Well, I finished my project yesterday (the present that I'm making for my co-teacher), and I think it turned out alright. I hesitate to post any pics of it on here, only because they have pictures of the kids on them, and well, I think I'd get in trouble for posting pictures of my kids on the internet. But they look cute, and I didn't mind making it. Maybe I should learn to scrapbook afterall........
I basically just glued the picture of the child onto the bottom center of the heart, trying not to cover up the hand prints, (first I mounted the hearts onto a full sized piece of construction paper) and then decorated the area around the hearts with their name in stickers, fish stickers and flower stickers. Oh yeah, and some heart and star stickers too. Then I made a front page that says "Goodbye Ms. Deana. Love, the Cockatoos", and a back page that says "We will miss you!!". So nothing TOO exciting, but I think she'll like it. Now I just have to laminate it and find a way of putting it all together. I thought about buying a binder or something, but construction paper doesn't fit in a regular binder. Then I was looking at scrapbooking albums and stuff, but they're too expensive. So I think I'll just hole punch them and use yarn or ribbon or something to make a little book. Works for me!!!

This weekend has been pretty good so far. I've been rather productive. Well, sort of. I think I've played a little too many video games though. But I've worked out a lot, gotten stuff done, watched Saw 2, you know, weekend stuff. Saw 2 was really good, I thought. It was a little gory, but that was to be expected. I think I've kind of lost my love for blood, guts and gore lately, but I still love those kinds of movies! And Saw 2 is so sick and twisted...........

Anyhow, so Eric and I get to go on a little trip next weekend to Bowling Green, Ohio. The thing that sucks is that I have to work until 6:00pm. The drive is about 4.5 hours, and there's an hour time difference. So we won't get there till midnight or later because we'll be driving on the tollway during Friday rush hour. Sigh. I tried to get off work earlier, but my boss says that she couldn't swing it. It doesn't really matter much though, as Eric has to work until 5:00 anyway. Oh well.

Hmmmmm.....not much else, I suppose. I'm still happy that I got the package from Angela in the mail. I have some yummy chips and chocolate etc. to eat!!!!!!!!!!

3 Comments:

At 7:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you finished your project...and in good time too! Speaking from experience, scrapbooking takes a lot of time, money, and patience, but the end result is worth it! I'm sure your coworker will love it:)

 
At 11:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also watched Saw 2 on the weekend. I liked the first one better but I liked the tie ins to the first one and the surprises. Don't want to give anything away!
Have a safe trip this weekend! Break a leg to Eric!

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger 'Nita said...

Hey, Eric and Sean could wind up going to grad school together. That would be neat.

Ok, done stating the obvious now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home