Saturday, February 04, 2006

Longish update

Let's see....how am I, how am I, how am I??? Hard to say. I am getting over my nasty illness. All that's left is a nasty cough. I'm a little tired too from this week. I worked three 9.5 hour days, to try and make up for some work that I got to miss while my mommy was in town. Next week I work four 10 hour days (approximately) and I get one day off. Some people at my center work that schedule regularly. It will be interesting to see how it is.
Eric and I spent way too much money today! We went to about 1000 stores looking for specific items and end up buying other things too! We had to go grocery shopping and we are going to a party tomorrow so we have to bring something. I also have to bring fruit salad to a pot luck at work on Monday. Anyhow, so Eric wanted to bring Hummus. Apparently tahini is a hard thing to find. We looked everywhere(and eventually found it at a whole food market). Let's see. Items that we ended up buying while looking for Tahini:

1. Chai tea latte mix
2. Dave's Insanity Hot Sauce
3. Lime Chili Gum
4. Cocoa Chex Mix
5. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire for Gamecube (Although I had a gift card for most of this item).
6. Key Lime white chocolate macademia nut cookies (try saying that 6 times fast!!)
7. 4 packages of Ramen (ichiban) soup
8. Probably other items that I can't think of at the moment

Sigh. On the plus side we are very happy with all of our purchases!!! Hahaha:)

I was going to put up some pics from my mommy's visit, but my iPod is charging (it ran out of juice before my workout even began yesterday) in the USB port and there is only one on this computer!!! So I can't load pictures, but I guess I can still type. There should be a lot to write about since I haven't updated very much lately. I could talk about how our numbers in our unit at school are ridiculously low due to the nasty illness that all my kids got! I had to send a few of them home, and some of them stayed home on their parents accord (miraculously).
I could talk about how it's teacher appreciation month, and we get something special everyday for the month of February. On Wednesday we got smoothies and fresh fruit plus we got to wear tropical clothes and the parent group made us new CD's full of beach music for our room. It's cool. Thursday we got lunch from Panera (sandwiches and salad and chips), and Friday it was Comfey clothes day. Other events planned are other lunches, makeovers by Mary Kay, Jeans week and much much more. Wow!
Hmmmm, not much else is going on. Eric is practicing hard for auditions coming up. I am not practicing hard:( I really should, in case I want to go to grad school someday...........I should practice piano so I can play more songs for my children. There's a room in the university that has a piano in it, so I play it for them sometimes, but I don't really know that much music anymore because I never practice. Sad, but true. I looked through a few things today. I miss music. I played my bassoon for them on Thursday because I brought it with me to school as I had no time to go home in between work and band. My co-teacher made me take it out and play. They really liked it, and weren't too afraid. I played songs that they requested, and I played some other stuff too. Good times....Well, I think I've gone on long enough! Hopefully some of up update your blogs too!!!!!

2 Comments:

At 9:27 AM, Blogger Momma C said...

Sounds like fun with the teacher appreciation month thingy, Baby girl!!!

It's wonderful that you played the bassoon for your kidlets on Thursday. It's a great thing for even 2 year olds to get the experience of different musicial instruments. Now they have heard a didgeridoo and a bassoon. There are adults out there in this world that have no idea what these are!! And hear are 2 year olds who have heard those wonderful different sounds!!!!

I am going to try and post on my blog again today. I had the weirdest thing happen last night. I tried to get onto my blog and had a message.... FORBIDDEN...you don't have permission to access/on this server. I spent 2 hours trying to get access to my own blog!!!!!!!!!!! Anywho, it opened this morning.

Love ya Tonnes and Tonnes and miss you too :) :) ;)

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger Jo said...

Blogger seems to be having issues lately, and I have been forbidden from some people's blogs, such as mommas, Julias and duffs. It's silly!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home