Oh. My. Lord! (Part Two)
Hmmmm.....have I mentioned that more often than not, Ms. Joanne is usually the lucky one who gets to go over to the other two's classroom in the afternoons when one of the teachers goes home? Well, the kids and the dynamics in that classroom are absolutely, completely different than the kids and the dynamics in my room. They have kids who yell, scream, throw themselves on the floor, and overall it's just much crazier in their room. Well, lucky Ms. Joanne had the pleasure of being in that room All. Day. Long. Sigh. It was alright, I mean, I can handle it. They're just two year olds, but nap time was absolute hell. Part of the problem was that I had to bring over three of my children, and my co-teacher wanted me to bring two of the ones that don't nap very well, because she would have 7 kids by herself and it's hard to deal with children that don't nap very well on your own. So I did, but I had two kids that don't nap very well in their own environment, in a NEW environment and it was three times as bad. PLUS, we had one little girl transitioning up into the classroom who doesn't nap at all, so she was running around the room and wouldn't listen to anything. And then we had all the other rambunctious kids who had trouble settling down, not only because they generally have trouble settling down, but because they had other children zooming around the room!!!! Sigh. I was fortunate to go on my break relatively early in nap, but let's just say the situation got worse after I left. When I came back an hour later, the other teacher was pretty much in tears. I was rested at that point so I just went in and did the best I could with the situation. Almost all of the kids were awake, and some of them were playing with toys so I did what I could to contain them so they weren't running all over the room, and I waited. The best part was when the other regular teacher came into the room. The kids actually listen to her, so for the most part she got them all sitting back down on their cots and reading books instead of playing with toys. It's amazing that they'll listen to her but they won't listen to the other teacher. Strange!!! I mean, she's been there a few months so you'd think the kids would be that used to her, but no. They only listen to one of their teachers. So sad!!!On the plus side, I got paid today!!!!! This is my first paycheck in 6 months, and I am very excited! What shall I do with myself?? Shopping perhaps? Maybe....I have enough Christmas shopping to do though! Hmmmm.....I guess just put it in the bank!! Good idea.


2 Comments:
I had no idea 2 year olds could be such trouble. It must be the best birth control out there. lol. You're not the only one who isn't ready for Christmas. And what does Jill want for her birthday. People need to know. The clock it ticking.
Yup, two year olds can be a handful, but they're so darn cute still!!!!! And I don't know what Jilly-Bean wants for her birthday, but I do have a couple of ideas now!
Post a Comment
<< Home