Thursday, November 24, 2005

Hooray!

Tonight was a good night.

After coming home after a DRASTICALLY long and somewhat stressful day, Eric and I had a lovely evening. We went to McDonalds for dinner....bahahahahahaha:) First McDonalds in two days short of 6 months! It was alright, but it could have been better. I ordered off the dollar menu....McChicken, fries and small drink. (I drank 'light' lemonade). THEN, we decided to go and see "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire". I REALLY liked it, surprisingly. They didn't change too much, (I mean, they had to cut a whole lot out, but they didn't change that much, which is good) and Alastor Moody was freakin' hilarious! Voldemort could have used a little more, ummmm, lets say creepiness, but otherwise was a perfect replica of what was in my mind. There were a couple parts that were a little iffy, like when they find Barty Crouch Sr, but overall I think they did a good job. The only part I really didn't like was the maze. I think they should have kept in the magical creatures and had the champions battle them, rather than battling psycho maze branches and wind..... oooooh, scary! This movie was much better than the other ones....at least that's my opinion. Anybody else?

Anyhow, the reason my day was hectic was because I was indeed alone in my room today with 7 two year olds. You don't realize how scary two year olds are until you're souly responsible for 7 of them that don't belong to you!!!!!! The hardest part was that they don't really listen to me yet, as I'm new. They listen to my co-teacher fairly well, but as soon as somebody new comes along, it's a whole other story. I actually only had 7 kids until about 11:30 when one of them left, but 6 was just as scary! I had to change all the diapers, clean up everything (with my 6 pairs of 'helping' hands, of course), get everything ready for every snack and meal, get everybody dressed to go outside (I left out the snowpants and boots....I'm still deciding whether or not that was a good idea) and I had to get everything ready for art (and clean up afterwards). I must say that taking care of 14 children with 2 adults is FAR easier than managing 7 on your own! The good thing was that they mostly left early as a result of parents getting off work early for Thanksgiving.... Also, one of my co-workers took the four kids I had left at 4:55 and left me time to clean and to type up my bio for the center. I really appreciated the half hour of paid time, child-free!!!!

Well, I'll stop complaining now.....

The plus side is that my eyes seem to be better now, although my cough is annoying. I think I scared the person in front of me at Starbucks today with a coughing fit. Maybe she didn't notice me coughing behind her and was just moving away from me to be in a better position to receive her coffee.....but I'm pretty observant and clearly she was trying to get away from my germs. I can't blame her, although it wasn't like I was coughing all over her. I keep my germs to myself, unlike my two year olds!!!!! We're working on the whole, cough into your arm thing. They're pretty good, but they still cough and sneeze in my face!!!!! I don't know what to do about that!!!!!
Hmmm, I'm pretty tired, and I just took some NyQuil, so perhaps I should head off to bed. Sleeping in!! Hooray!!!

7 Comments:

At 1:26 AM, Blogger Momma C said...

Glad to hear you had a great evening with Eric! Hope you have a great Long weekend and get rid of that cough! Oscie goes to the doctor on Friday morning. Hope that he is good again. he seems to be back to his old self again. He is my baby now though. He tends to follow me around the house and when I'm on the computer he comes in and sits on the other chair or lays in the hallway just outside the door. Funny, funny baby!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love ya! Happy Thanksgiving. Are you having a big dinner with turkey??

My word verification sounds like something out of Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings!!! gnburwz

 
At 7:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You pretty much have the same opinion as me about the GOF. I was very sad that they took the house elves out, as I sooooo wanted to see Dobby in his funny clothes. I understand why they did it though. A very minor change I didn't like was that they changed Crouch Jr.'s name. It was not Barty in the book. Why did they have to change it?

 
At 12:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

His name was Barty in he book. That's why, when Harry saw "Moody" (Crouch Jr) on his map, he thought it was Crouch Senior.

But, yes, the movie was great. I wish they could've kept more, but they couldn't, so it's all right.

 
At 1:46 PM, Blogger Jo said...

Yes, Janita is correct. His name was Barty Crouch Jr. And it was weird that they wrote him into the "dream" of Harry's.
I forgot about Dobby and his millions of hats that Hermione Knits. That would have been hilarious!

 
At 1:48 PM, Blogger Jo said...

Oh yes, and Mom, we are having Thanksgiving dinner over here with some people (I'm really not sure who, yet).
I'm glad that Oscie has taken a liking to you:)At least he's not anti-social!

 
At 11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I stand corrected... I knew he saw him on the map, but I thought he only saw the last name... my mind is remembering things differently than they actually happened! How many sisters do I have? tehehehe
hey, Jo the word verification is reading your mind (or sinuses anyway....)
mucas(q) Not the right spelling, but hey!

 
At 12:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jo!
I also think that GOF tops the other movies, although I think that blast ended skrewts would have been hilarious rather than spooky wind in the maze. I believe this was the funniest Harry Potter yet, which balances out the dark and evil coming into their world....Fred and George are quickly becoming my favourite characters! Anywho, hopefully some good turkey (or McD's???) and some sleep make you feel better for Monday!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home