Thai food!!!
Eric and I decided that we should go on a 'date' tonight since we've barely seen each other all week.....so I decided that we should go for Thai food. We went to this place in Palatine called "Siri Thai" and it was actually really good. Some of the flavours were a little different from what we're used to, but it was still quite exceptional. We had fish cakes, beef salad, soup and yellow curry with sticky rice, and then homemade ice cream for dessert. Nothing was too spicy, and everything was really good! I would go there again!We thought about going to see Harry Potter, but I really don't want to go when the theatres will be really crowded. We could still go I guess...I'm sure there's a midnight show, but I think the movie's pretty long and I don't want to be out until 3:00!!!!! Hahaha. Hopefully we will go and see it soon!
We just came home after dinner. Eric is now asleep....he's exhausted, and the worst is yet to come. Apparently at their staff meeting this morning, the employees at Sam Ash were informed to kiss their families good bye as they now 'OWN' the employees for the holiday season. There is whole bunch of crap going on with regards to scheduling and stuff, and it's really getting hard for Eric to schedule all his students! It's ridiculous! They are opening the store for longer hours on the weekend, and get this: Thanksgiving is on Thursday, and the store is closed. Fine. But they were told today that instead of getting their regular days off on the schedule, they would only get one of their days off because they all get Thursday off. That is SUCH CRAP!!! Any decent company would pay their employees holiday pay because of the fact that they are losing a day off their regular schedule. I don't know how things work here...we'll see what happens. Anyhow, Eric still gets his days off next week though.....otherwise he may have phoned in 'sick'. I decided that Eric works for the worst company ever!!!!!
Today I did nothing. I woke up at noon, got up for a couple of hours and then went back to bed. I am feeling a little better though, so I think that sleep works best! In fact, the only reason I actually got up and showered was because Eric and I were planning on going out!!! Hahaha.
Well, I guess I should go to bed and try and sleep the rest of this nastiness off. Ciao!


1 Comments:
Glad to hear you are feeling a bit better today! I can't blame you...but I have got the worst sinus cold/flu the past couple of days. I didn't do anything today except make turkey soup for supper, sleep and watch tv.
That sounds terrible for Eric!! Are the labour laws really that much different??? Do you have a long weekend next week?
Guess I had better get some zzzzzzzzz's as I am off to Gateway in the morning to help with Alberta Winter Games Zones.
Love ya!!!! :) :) ;)
ps. Oscar is doing better. He goes to the vet next Friday for a check!
Post a Comment
<< Home