Fabulous...
Or is it Fabulos...hahaha. Crazy Americans without their U's....Today was awesome. I mean, I did mostly observation, and some orientation, but I don't think that I've ever felt more welcomed and appreciated anywhere I've EVER (and I mean EVER) worked! The first thing I did this morning was go on a tour with my supervisor, and every teacher in every classroom gave me a warm welcome! Then I sat in with the class that I will be teaching (co-teaching) and it was so much fun. It was hilarious though, I was crouched on the floor with a child, and all of a sudden I felt my shirt raising up my back. I guess a little girl must have seen a glimpse of my tattoo on my back and was curious...at least that's what I assume. It was funny! After spending an hour in there, I went and spent an hour and a half observing three of the other classrooms. I went for lunch, did some orientation, and observed some more! It was a really good day. They even gave me a "smock"...an apron to wear over clothes, and a mug filled with chocolate bars, writing implements and a pad of paper. Sweet! I'll have to be careful though...that place is CRAWLING with food. I've been warned that most staff gains weight after starting there. It's because I think you're encouraged to sit and eat snack with the kids, and then there's always stuff around in the staff room. Like today when I was in there doing orientations, my center director plops down a huge bag of licorice, bag of cookies and granola bars (there was a meeting, and I ~think~ that's what they were for)....plus there's a "snack shack" filled with reasonably priced snacks and pop. Uh Oh!!! I'm doomed:)This is where will power comes into effect!
Anyhow, so tomorrow it's more of the same, and I might get to go to my classroom in the afternoon. I'm looking forward to it!


3 Comments:
I'm glad that it was a wonderful experience for you today, baby girl!!! It sounds like you will be happy there. Great news from you!
Love ya!!!!!!
That's great Joanne!! You deserve a place that welcomes you with open arm and food apparently.lol. I guess now that you've entered the world employment in the U S of A you call it home now. This will always be your true home however and don't you forget it:) Maybe now that you have a job you could afford to come back for a visit on school holidays if Eric can get the time off too. Stock up on Smarties and everything the states doesn't have and take it back with you.
I'm off to BC today with Joey, Cali and my mommy. I guess I better get packing. I did take the afternoon off for a reason.
I'm happy for you.
Love Julia
PS
zzzycfq
Glad to hear everything went so well. I hope you'll be happy there !!!
Maybe you can start a healthy snack revolution!!!! Good Luck!!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home