Sunday, November 06, 2005

It's been an interesting weekend. I did in fact go to the gymnastics place on Saturday, and it was...well...interesting! I enjoyed being at the gym and being around the kids. I think I would be totally capable of teaching a kindergarten or a preschool/mom and tot class, but other than that....I'm no gymnast, and all the other people that work there are like super gymnasts. I kinda felt out of place. But it was still fun. I observed/helped out with a kindergarten class with one kid in it. She was really cute and the instructor was awesome! I was also helping with a parents and tots class, and it was quite possibly the cutest thing I have ever seen! All these one and two year olds with their dads and moms, crawling over obstacle courses and swinging on ropes...one little girl (probably not much past one year old) was wearing the cutest little leotard with flowers and butterflies and she was really cute and chubby with her baby fat legs. Her dad said that she looks like a stuffed sausage!!! Hilarious:)I also made the mistake of swinging on the rope into the big foam pieces pit, and it was nearly impossible to get out of! They told me that I should hear from them in a week or two in regards to a job. I dunno. It's so far!!!
On another note, I heard from Mary, and she told me that the people from the preschool phoned her (she was a reference), so I then called the Kids' Den to see if they had contacted the person there that I left as a reference. They had, and she said that she gave me a really good reference and she thought that the contact from the preschool said they were probably going to offer the job to me! I certainly hope so:):):):)
Last night we went to the bar with some people....ate bar food, including these things call "Beer Nuggets". Basically they're like donut holes, but not sweet. They're fried dough with bolognese sauce for dipping. They were pretty good, although there was a whole lot of them so now I weigh 8000000 pounds! Donuts would have been better.....
Let's see-what did I do today? Not much. I got up at 9:30, went online, hung out for awhile, went to Wally World, went to the gym, watched "Kicking and Screaming", hung out some more, Eric came home and then we ate dinner, watched Desperate Housewives, Grey's Anatomy and now Southpark.....yeah. Pretty boring and uneventful day. Oh well! At least I got up before 11:00!!!!

3 Comments:

At 12:09 AM, Blogger Momma C said...

That's great news about checking your references!!!! I certainly hope that they offer you that job!!

All is well here. We are getting our first bit of snow tonight. Just a fine dusting

Love Ya Bunches!!! Hope you hear from the preschool tomorrow!

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger Jo said...

Gross....SNOW???? Hard to believe....because I don't think it's even close to snowing here!

 
At 10:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

1st time in 18 years we haven't had snow before Halloween!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home