Thursday, November 17, 2005

Long Day

Sniff...I have now entered the congestion part of this nasty thing I have. Only in the last few hours did it come upon me! I hate runny noses....perhaps I'm in the wrong business:):)
Today I worked from 8:30-5:30, and then we had a staff meeting from 6:30-8:30. For my hour break I walked over to starbucks because I wasn't really sure whether or not we would be fed dinner. I should have known that we would be well taken care of, as there is ALWAYS food everywhere, but I didn't know for sure. So I went over to Starbucks and had a LARGE Chai Tea Latte, which was really yummy, and a piece of Blueberry Oatbran coffee cake, or whatever it was. It was really good. Then I went back to the center and found three humongous pizzas (only in Chicago) and salad, which was also really good, although I had much less pizza than I normally would as a result of my ginormous tea and cake. That's alright. Less Pizza=less JO:):):) I'm sure the cake didn't help with that equation though....

Oh well:)

Anyhow, so the meeting went well, although I had to get up for tissues, and then I came home, nose a-dripping. Is anybody else feeling queezzzy?? God, I cannot spell tonight. I really can't figure out how to spell that word right now (Queasy??) so I just made up my own spelling.
Unlike yesterday, my sore throat just got worse and worse as the day went on, except for the first couple hours of the day. I HATE SORE THROATS!! Apparently my throat is my weak spot, because I ALWAYS get sore throats with colds. It really is terrible. I think I'm going to turn into a sanitation maniac. I should be like Monica and emerge myself in cleaning. Then maybe I won't get so many GERMS!!!!!!!!!!!
I'll spend three hours at naptime bleaching EVERYTHING, EVERYDAY. How's that? It probably still wouldn't help.......
Instead I'll just drink lots of tea, and hope for the best!!!! I had tea on the way to work this morning, and then I made another mug after I arrived at work. At lunch I had a mug, and then I had that latte from Starbucks, if that counts. And then I had another mug when I got home from work. I think I might explode...

Or just be up all night going to the bathroom!!!!

6 Comments:

At 12:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going to take this moment to express my profound love of tea. It's like a warm hug on a chilly day. Coffee is wonderful, but it's more of a necessity. Tea is a treat. I'm currently a Tim Horton's steeped tea fiend. ^_^

 
At 1:02 AM, Blogger Momma C said...

You know my thoughts on 'Tea'...to many yucky reminders of my long stays in the hospital!! Even my 'coffee addiction' is way down now. I rarely have more than 2 1/2 cups a day now!!

Feel better soon Baby Girl!!

Oscie is doing good except he is VERY VERY Angry at 'Favourite Mommy' these days....no dry cat food!! Poor,poor baby boy!

Love ya Lots and lots :) :)

 
At 7:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jojo, I always find that sore throats need as much salt as you are willing to throw at them. When I get sick these days, I always try to have a "cup-a-soup" around... between the salt and the heat it usually makes things better. I also find that it helps stop the aching muscles, which makes sense cause your muscles need salt to work properly, right?

That's your "advice from Doug." Take it or leave it.

 
At 4:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Drugs, drugs and more drugs. Yes, this is your nurse sister talking. Advil cold and Sinus and lots of it! Forget tea sister, try some whisky HAHAHA. Anyway, keep those little hands away from your face and wash wash wash. Those hand sanitizers also work great. Take care! And you know how much I love tea. Currently I love some loose tea leaves called Monk's Blend from Cargo and James. Yum yum!

 
At 9:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL...I have to agree with Momma C. I'm not that much of a tea fiend and only drink it when I'm ill. That being said, I'm not much of a warm drink person because I'm always warm. When I make tea for myself, I always put in a whole load of honey and a touch of brandy. Or anything that I have handy. I always feel better then
;-) Johnny the lush.

Hope you're feeling better soon, Joanne. It's not fun being ill, but the more I hear of this place (despite the germs), it sounds like they take care of their workers. Hope it's going really well for you.

Okay...now thanks to Doug I have a craving for Lipton's Chicken Noodle Soup. You know, the neon yellow one? LOL. Take it easy, y'all. Chinooks suck!

 
At 11:14 PM, Blogger Jo said...

Mmmmm, Lipton chicken noodle. I love that stuff. I was craving it not that long ago, actually!
Thanks for all the advice. I will hopefully be better soon. I'm afraid though, that if I get better, I will just get sick again!!!!!! hahaha.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home