Tuesday, November 22, 2005

One more day!

I would have posted yesterday, but I was in a bad mood. ~Somebody~* was bugging me about how "Sick" I am, and how I'm going to get everybody (and their dog) sick and that I should go to the doctor...I was not impressed, so I came upstairs and sulked instead. I am NOT that sick, and I am getting better. I feel almost 100%, except for the cough that always comes at the end of a cold. That, and my eyes seem to be a bit red for some reason. I'm hoping that will go away. If not, I will indeed go to the doctor. I'm not stupid, although ~Somebody~ seems to think I am.
Anyhow, so I'm excited that tomorrow is my last day of work this week, as Thanksgiving is on Thursday! Woo Hoo:) I wish that I could have started this job earlier to accrue some vacation time or whatever, and maybe could have come home....that would have been nice. I think I get a floating holiday sometime between now and the end of December...so I will get another short week sometime, but I should ask about that!
Work has been going well, although it feels weird in my classroom without my co-teacher there. (She's on Vacation). I don't totally feel in control yet, so working with somebody that also isn't too familiar with the routine is hard...The teachers there are good, and we're doing well. I think I'll be by myself tomorrow, which is good in some ways, but bad in other ways....nobody will be there to see me running around like a chicken with it's head cut off, but nobody will be there to help me out, either. Sigh. AND I'll have to change ALL the diapers.....I changed almost all of them today. 3/4 diaper changes were done by the two hands that are typing on this keyboard.....good thing I wash and wear gloves!!! Hahahaha.


*Name has been removed:)

4 Comments:

At 8:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And who would that somebody be? I'm still battling my cold. I'm in the cough part of it now too. It all moved from my head to my chest. Having asthma with that is not good. Feels like I'm gasping for air all of the time. And I have not seen a Dr myself. just the pharmisist (sp) to see what would be the best meds. I'm contemplating not going to work today. It just wears you our with all that caughing.
Well that was good venting.
Guess what I got for you? I found Smarties that are red and white. The white ones have the outline of a maple leaf on them. Twice the price of the regular ones, at least at Mac's but I had to get them for you. See I think about you. :)
Well glad to hear you are on the mend.
Take care,
Julia

 
At 7:08 PM, Blogger Jo said...

Cool! I actually bought some of those before I left, because I found them at Sobeys. Yummy!!!!!

 
At 11:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gosh people!!! Do you not take care of yourselves? You should become a nurse and develop super immunity like me! One of our residents once said he believes when the world ends there will be cockroaches and ICU nurses left. I wasn't sure if I should be offended.
OK, I have to admit, I also had a nasty cold and was off work for a week in October. But I got better and so will you.
Anyways, I thought I would write and wish you a happy Thanksgiving. Enjoy! ( I think the tryptophan in turkey has healing properties, or get an extra strong rum & eggnog :)

 
At 7:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd rather have a cold right now, than the touch of flu I have come down with just in time for interviews! I spent most of yesterday in the dizzy stage, now I'm in the achey, stomach hurting stage. Hopefully the pukey stage does not come as it did for one of my little ones yesterday! Right in time for lunch.... mmmmmmmmmmmm. Anyhow, hope eveyone gets better. Hey Jen, I think the early childhood teachers of the world might be left too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home