Peanut Butter, Eric and a Guitar.....sound interesting?? You're wrong....
Today felt like a relatively productive day. Eric had his first day teaching lessons at his old highschool, so he left just after 10:00 this morning. I forced myself to go outside for my walk, and it was really nice outside. I should be enjoying this weather while it lasts!!! (I hear it's still miserable in Edmonton). So after I did that for an hour, I came back, made myself a peanut butter and banana sandwich (an almost daily affair) and watched the young and the restless. Although that was not all that productive, after it was finished I felt like going on the treadmill so I ran a bit. Then I got ready, and when Eric got home we went over to Deer Park (sort of like South Edmonton Common) and had lunch. It was nice spending time with him...We came home, and then he had to make a bunch of phone calls to potential students at Schaumburg high school. He's got a bunch of interested students, possibly 10-11, which is really good!!!!! Then Eric had to go and teach a lesson in a far away land, so I practiced bassoon and guitar, and tried to make some space in our room by moving some unnecessary objects downstairs. It's an improvement, and now I've got ample storage space for my guitar:)My fingers are still pretty tender, so I didn't practice guitar too much, but I did try and learn a couple more chords. I don't know if I'm going about this learning to play guitar thing the right way. I wonder if I have any information about it in any of the books I have on music. Perhaps my orchestration one, as I know there's stuff about guitar in there, but probably not a lot of useful information. Anybody know anything???? I should call my uncles. They are fabulous guitar players:) Unfortunately, one of them has an infant son to take care of so probably doesn't have much time, and the other one I have no idea how to contact...I'm sure I know somebody who does, though:)
All in all, it was a pretty good day. Eric isn't starting at Schaumburg tomorrow, because he's got to write his GRE (it's a test needed for Graduate school). Hopefully he does well!!!!!!!! Sorry for the long and boring post...perhaps I'll brainstorm tomorrow to write something insightful...
Ooh, I think the volleyball is starting next Tuesday. That's something to look forward to!!!!


11 Comments:
I will be first to comment today hahahahaha:) stupid working 12 hour nights! I enjoy hearing about your day (even if it sounds boring to you).....recently my days have been filled with sleep, laundry (now that I have a dryer, I can do laundry at home!), and work. Boo. There were some 2nd year students at work last night...ahhh, the good old days full of research and research and papers. Makes me not miss school so much:)
I guess I don't always have to be first. I'm surprised that you didn't remind us all as to how many days are left...........
Sounds like you had a good day yesterday. That's good. It's quiet around here. All the aminals are having their morning naps now. I have a few things to do today, so I had better go.
Love ya Bunches :) :) ;)
Okay everyone, you have got to go and check out my blog to see the perfect picture to go along with Jo's posting today!!!!
Do you know how hard it was to type Jo for me?????? I always call her Joanne and always type it in.
Enjoy!!!!! :) :) ;)
You and me both, Momma C - I just can't bring myself to call her Jo. Going to go and check out this picture right away, but Joanne~! Stop apologising for your posts. We wouldn't be reading if we weren't interested. I love to hear what you do with your day, no matter what it involves, okay? It still sounds more exciting than mine!
testing....blogger comments was down...this is just a test:)
Okay, so I typed this comment, and then I went to publish it and it totally didn't work because blogger comments was down. Now Im trying to remember what i said. Something about how my life was nowhere near as exciting as Johns because he lives in a mile high apartment with possibly a view of the mountains, or at least he's in close proximity to the mountains...and he's going to school and all that jazz. Much more exciting!!!
Oh yes, and I wrote about how it's weird to hear John and Mom call me Jo anyhow, and it's strange because it's even weirder to hear Eric call me Joanne....hahaha;)
When Eric calls you Joanne, does it mean that he is mad???? When I call you Jo, it definately isn't because I'm angry. But watch out for JOANNE AMY........
Hahahaha. Naahhh, he doesn't say it when he's mad. He doesn't get mad...he usually just says it to other people when he's talking about me.
There's an old saying "I don't get mad I get even". Best beware!!
I agree with John about your apologies. I actually sometimes almost forget you're so far away because I always know what you're up to! I still miss ya though! Did you start busking yet???
No busking here...I can't only play about 4 chords.....I don't think anybody would pay me money, that's for sure!!
Post a Comment
<< Home