Happy Birthday To Me....
I know it's not actually my birthday, but oh well.....Today has been an interesting day. I had to go to the bank to well, you know, do banking, and the bank just happens to be in Wal-Mart, so after I did my banking I wandered around a bit in search of Nibs, or Supernibs. My search did not go well-all I could find were *checks package* "Twizzlers Cherry Bites", and those are not nearly as good as Nibs. I guess I'll have to look around and see if those exist here or not. Probably not, seeing as though everything I like doesn't exist here....
Anyhow, Wal-Mart also did some shuffling around in their store, and I had trouble finding the other thing I was looking for-great value brand crystal light juice powder. Not only did they not have the Great Value brand ones, they barely had any of the Crystal Light brand ones....that can only mean that they're not going to be selling it anymore....*sniff*......I'll keep my fingers crossed though. That stuff helps me drink way more water, and it tastes really good too!!
Anyhow, after I got back from my adventures, Eric's parents came home bearing mail. More mail for me!!!! I got the check I've been waiting for (from an insurance company) and I got two birthday cards!!! Wow! Two days in a row!! I wish it could be my birthday every week!!!! And in case you didn't read it in my comments, thanks to Julia and to my mommy for the cards/gifts!! *blows kisses to Canada*
After that there was a bit of a lull in my day. I'm not feeling all that well. It feels like I'm going to get a chest cold or something...I hope not. It could be that I got less than 6 hours of sleep last night....hopefully I'll feel better in the morning. What did I do before Eric got home from work....I played with the dogs a bit, watched TV a bit, and played Gamecube a bit (by the way, have you all checked out the "Nintendo Revolutions" new controller?? Weird), and then when Eric got home he decided it would be a good idea to give me my birthday gift 6 days early. Eric and I are really bad at that...we can hardly wait to give each other Christmas/Birthday gifts!!! If we've got them hidden somewhere days before the actual day, it's likely we'll be too excited to wait any longer!!
So anyhow, he takes me downstairs into the library and digs in a shelf and pulls out this acoustic guitar humidifier. Then he takes me over to the coat closet, digs around in there a bit and pulls out this really sweet Takamine (I hope that's how you spell it) acoustic guitar...it's a really good guitar, and I'm thrilled!!! Then he brings me to the basement and digs around in some boxes etc, and pulls out this really nice guitar case!!!! I'm so excited!! I still don't really understand how he managed to smuggle the stuff into the house...I'm always here when he's here...apparently he did it on Thursday night while I was upstairs or something. He did a good job! I had no idea:)
So then we tuned up the guitar and both fiddled around with it a bit. I'm quite clueless, but slowly I'm sure I'll figure it out. Tomorrow I think I'll go to Sam Ash and pick out a strap (maybe) some picks and a chord chart, and maybe a book or something, so I can really learn to play this thing. I've always wanted to learn guitar, and now I have a fantastic opportunity!!!!! I will post some pics eventually of the guitar (it's beautiful) so you can all see it!!!!!
So that was my day. I doubt my actual birthday will be quite so exciting, although we are going out for dinner with some people....


8 Comments:
I hope that your gift was in the card still. I was a little worried after reading your post to Julia about customs opening the letters. Did you like your card??? I spent quite a while getting it just right for you.
Love ya Bunches and Bunches!! :) :) ;)
That's a very nice gift you got for your B-Day fron Eric. I'm sure you will learn to play and excell at it.
Yup, the gift was still there!! Thanks Momma, and I did love the card. Oscar's face looks a little warped in the picture of him on the suitcase though....he almost looks Siamese!!!!!
Turns out that customs didn't open the card from Julia after all!!!
Awww!!! Happy Birthday to Joanne! Early. Again. But who cares! What a wonderful gift...maybe I should go down to the post office (well, postal outlet) and take mine back. I feel inferior. Just joking. I'm now having visions of you skipping down the streets of Austria with your guitar case and guitar singing "I Have Confidence!" Awwww...that reminds me of our Sound of Music night. I miss you! Enjoy that guitar, girl, and learn it well (how could you possibly doubt your learning ability...you're a musical pariah! Lots of love to you and everybody down there, girl.
They should teach guitar techniques to the five-year students. It would be a get-your-students-to-like-you-for-free card. I got a mini acoustic guitar when I was about 7, and my best friend's mom offered to teach me how to tune it, but my mom vetoed that, saying that if that happened, I'd never stop playing. Thus, my dreams of becoming a guitartist were crushed! I will now live vicariously through you.
I've been kind of fiddling around with it today...I can play the beginning of "nothing else matters" but that's not a complicated thing...it's a broken chord and you don't even need to put any fingers down...hahaha. And they should make Ed Music students take guitar techniques, because chances are good that you'll teach guitar sometime!!!!
When you can play Smoke on the Water you'll be set. Hey.... you could make some money busking until you can work. Bet the spot outside Starbucks in Inverness is free..... :)
I think almost everybody can play smoke on the water....but I don't think there's actually a Starbucks IN inverness....oh well:)
Post a Comment
<< Home