Hooray for mail!! (and sleep)
I don't usually collect the mail from the mail box, but today I was expecting some, so when I got back from my walk, I peeked into the mail box and lo and behold, there was actually some mail in there for me! It wasn't the mail that I was expecting, but it was mail nonetheless, and it wasn't a bill, either!!! I received something from immigration informing me that I must go to their little office and get my biometrics done, (not until October though) which means one step closer to actually being able to work!! Hooray!!! AND, I got my first birthday card in the mail today from John. Thanks John!!! You made me smile, or feel like a freak....one of those:)One more week to go until I reach the big 2-4......that's old. Sigh.
Hopefully I'll get lots and lots of mail next week!! *Hint Hint, Nudge Nudge*
Just kidding:)
Maybe....
Hahahahaha:)
Anyhow, I went to band again last night. It's a little frustrating being 2nd 2nd bassoon, but I suppose that's better than not playing at all! I contacted somebody at Harper College, but he said that they had no vacancies in their Orchestra, but that I could come and join their wind symphony on Thursday Nights.....DOH!!! I guess I won't be doing that this year!!!! Oh well...better luck next time!
I slept in this morning...sort of. I usually am quite awake while Eric is getting ready for work, and when he leaves I'm usually up doing something or another, and this morning was no different. However, a little while after he left, I actually crawled back into bed and was able to fall into a peaceful (and apparently much needed) sleep because when I woke up, "The Young and the Restless" was halfway over! That means I fell asleep for almost three hours after Eric left. I've been up late the past couple of nights (I've been going to sleep around 2:30) due to reading, and I was really tired last night, and apparently still really tired this morning. I wasn't too devastated that I missed almost half of my show...I didn't seem to have missed anything significant!!! Actually, during forced absences from the show (like from vacations or work or whatever) I can usually figure out what's going on, even if I haven't seen the show for more than a month...so missing 20 minutes certainly was no big deal........
I suppose that perhaps I should go and eat something, and then read some more. I'm reading "The Clan of the Cavebear", and although I've read it before, I'm still enjoying it immensely. Ciao!


13 Comments:
I guess mail doesn't travel that fast from here. Maybe Monday, or do you get mail on Saturdays there? I remember my grandparents got mail on Saturdays in California.
At least you are one step closer to working.
Yup, we do get mail on Saturdays...that is so weird!!!
i'm #299!
one too early, but i'm not sneaky enough to hit "refresh" just so i can be #300.
anwya, my 24th birthday wasn't bad. 25 hit me pretty hard, though.
Ok, so when you're 24, you're old? But I'm 21 and ridiculously young. Or, wait, around first-years I'm ancient. Is there an age where you're neither young nor old? I thought that was your teenage years. Dave's a lot younger than me, but it's really only a month and a half, and he's got like a career and stuff, so he's also old. I just used the word "like" in a horribly Valley Girl way, so that must mean I'm either Californian or 13 years old, and I'm not Californian. My shoe size is 10 and my ring size is 7, but I'm at a point in my life where I actually know my ring size, which, at the very least, means Jostens got some cash out of my parents, which puts me at around 17, or, at the most, makes me a gold digger, which puts me at around 30.
But, really, what fun would any age be without a good ol' identity crisis?
Duff, #299 is something to be proud of. I'm impressed that there's been over 300 hits on my page...however, I do realize that a lot of them come from ~this~ very computer:)
I've heard of the big 25 being hard on people, in my family at least. I'm not looking forward to it, that's for sure!! I've been feeling ancient ever since I turned, oh, let's see, 18. I think. Either that or 15. Can't remember!!!
Janita, are you feeling alright??? Hahahaha. I guess I must be young still, because I don't have a career (I can't even have a JOB yet) I don't ~really~ know my ring size, although it might be a 6 1/2. I can't remember....and unfortunately I use the word "like" all the time because it's habit picked up from Eric's little sister, who is still in highschool. Have you ever heard of Laguna Beach?? Dear lord.....now THOSE are valley girls!! Anyhow, so I guess I'm young still. Thanks Janita:)
Ou think you feel old? I'm turning 29. Yikes!!! my last year in my 20's. Im dreaing this b'day.
I have been to Laguna Beach, so nah. lol.
Well I have company coming, they are going to build a cat run for the cats in the back yard. They will be so happy.
Laguna beach is a semi-reality show on T.V. I can't stand to watch it!!! Aimee loves it though, so sometimes I have to overhear it.....
And Julia, the card you sent DID come today! Thank-you!!! I think customs opened it though...hopefully they didn't steal anything!!!
Oh yes, and Mom, the card YOU sent also came today. Thank-you!!!
AND, what a good day, the check from the insurance company came today. Woo Hoo!!!!
24 can't be that old! Waaa! Jo, we're old! No wonder why I feel as if I am falling apart sometimes... hahaha. By the way, I sent you a card yesterday:):):) The post office lady said that regular mail could take 10-15 business days to get there (somehow I really wonder about that), so you get a special express post envelope:)
I had packing tape on the envolope where the necklace was so the paper wouldn't tear. And there were 2 Canada thingies still? I don't remember if I mentioned in the card that the necklace came from a booth at the works downtown. So I've had it a while. It had a customs sticker on it, I can't see why they would open it. Hmmm.
Oooooh......then they didn't open it. I thought it had been opened because it had the customs sticker on it and I thought they used packing tape to re-seal it. Okay! And there were two Canada things:):):)
Hold up! (Wait a minute...) I am now officially going to go on my rant about age. WHY WHY WHY are people obsessed with it? Honestly, who cares how old you are? Why do we look back at a number and then think of our accomplishments (or supposed lack thereof) or worry about moving on? Is this supposed to happen? Should I expect it? I honestly have never cared about age or ageing. I know I don't want to be younger! I'd rather that my life went on so that I could go on with my experiences. Dwelling in the past is a terrible thing to do. Look towards the future. If the ageing thing worries you because of the lack of a long-term relationship or partner, get over it! I know I don't have to worry about how many years I have left to bear a child, but look at Geena Davis? I know nobody wants to be an "old" parent, but if you're older, you have even more wisdom to pass on to your children (so they can ignore it and make mistakes in their own way because that's what happens). You can usually support them better financially, too. And yourself. So none of this "I'm so OLD" rubbish. And if it's death that haunts you about getting older, I can only say one thing. And no, it's nothing philosophical like "Carpe Diem" or "It's imminent, but don't fear it." If you really want to live longer, do what the recently deceased eldest person in the Netherlands did. She said she lived to be 115 because she ate Pickled Herring EVERY DAY. So get out and buy them, y'all! And, of coruse, if you're reading this and you're just dying for rebuttal, remember these are words also coming from somebody due to turn 24 in the not too distant future, so you can always just roll your eyes and say, "24? He'll learn..." Love you all and thanks for reading my rambling. Happy early birthday, Joanne! I'm honoured that my card made it first. Sent of a package today...I wanted to make sure a greeting got there in time - I didn't have a gift at that point. Miau! Loves you.
Just an additional comment...
I thought I just sent that card earlier this week? I DID! I sent it on Tuesday! That is fast. Wow! I didn't even cough up for XpressPost (insert copyright symbol here)
Oh John!!! So much wisdom from someone so young! Now from someone who's said ciao to her twenties and still says " Dude " as much as a surfer...... I have a career but don't know my ring size. I puke and feel terrible for a day or 2 when I drink too much, but too busy to do that very often. I'm too old to admit that I like Good Charlotte but the same age(approx) as Gwen Stefani and you must admit she still rocks! I'm too old to wear some of the cutesie skirts out this year(the cellulite doesn't help) but have enough money money to buy a good sensible pair of shoes. So it's all in your perspective . Don't worry baby sis, 26 is even worse HAHAHA ! Love ya!
Post a Comment
<< Home