Friday, February 02, 2007

Mmmmmm, relaxing

What a nice day! Yes, I had to get up sort of early in order to get myself to a city I didn't know, on a road I didn't know,and I didn't know how long it was going to take. But it went well, I found the place eventually, and I was in and out of my appointment in about 3 minutes. For those 3 minutes I had to drive about 1.5 hours, but I think it was worth it. I applied for my teaching certificate today. Hooray for me!!!! now I have to sit and wait 2-3 months for them to process my application, but it's done, finally!!!!! After they do that, I probably have to take 3 tests to get my certification, but I'd rather not think about those tests until I have to think about them!!! Anyhow, so I was done aroun 9:45, drove to the music store to get our checks and to chat with my manager about a possible job opportunity that I might have there, and then I went to the bank to deposit the checks, and then I went home!!! I was home by 11:00!!!!! For the rest of the afternoon I just relaxed. I watched TV, read my book, took a nap on the couch. It was very peaceful. Eventually I got up and did a bit of a workout to a couple of the workout videos I have. It it FREEZING out today, and apparently isn't going to get any better over the weekend. I'll check the temperature and convert it so I understand if it's actually freezing, or if I'm just being a big baby. Anyhow, after my little workout, I decided that I should probably go and pick up a couple things from the store. So I ventured back out into the freezing cold (it feels like -23 C by the way, according to the conversion calculator I found just now, which isn't THAT bad, but it's still freezing, especially with the humidity added in there) and drove to the store. Came back home and read my books some more. I wish all my Friday's could be like this, minus the 1.5 hours of driving to Westchester, IL:)
Anyhow, so that was my day. I also did all our dishes. That was fun.

And now I'm going to go and read my book some more. I'm reading "Something Borrowed". It's really good, and I'm having a hard time putting it down!!!!!!

2 Comments:

At 5:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey!

Sorry I haven't written yet. I know I suck.

btw, apparently I'm Snow according to that "what weather are you?" thing.

"Magical yet potentially destructive
You are well known as fun to play with
People anticipate your arrival but then are quickly sick of you

You are best known for: your serenity

Your dominant state: reflecting"

I knew people got sick of me quickly!!!

Speaking of snow, it's snowing here now. Again. Man! Been crazy this year.

Doug.

 
At 8:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey little sis! I got your present yesterday! Thanks! Kinda funny, we went to find some new games on Sat and got two ( 80's Trivial Pursuit and Cranium Pop 5 ) but were complaining that we couldn't find more! It looks like fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home