Wednesday, April 05, 2006

My obsession

Besides bruises and nasty scars, my other obsession is books. I LOVE books. I love the way they look, I love the way they take up space on my bookshelf (well, okay, my hypothetical bookshelf, as I currently don't have one), I love the way they smell, I love reading them, flipping through them, learning things from them, looking at them, but most of all I LOVE shopping for them. I love choosing just the right book....especially since right now I am in desperate need of resources for my job!
Unfortunately though, books are so DAMNED expensive. I made the mistake of going into the Lakeshore Learning store, in hopes to get ideas for future activities for my babies. I got some ideas, but I also found two wonderful, perfect books full of exciting ideas and activities for my babies. Wait, did I say two? I meant three....ooops:) So, a half hour and $55 later I headed back to my car to drive home and spend some quality time learning about early childhood education. They're AWESOME books and I LOVE them, but it's too bad they cost so much! Wow, I sure do have a lot of reading to do.....

1 Comments:

At 12:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love books too. For pretty much the same reasons. Is it any wonder we ended up at a bookhop when I visited.

In other news, I am going to have a big nasty scar on the back of my ear. Tried to jump over something. Failed miserably. Landed on ear, and got a big gash where my glasses were squished between my ear and my head. Went to the emergency room tonight and the doctor told me I should have come in right away since it really could have used a couple of stiches.

Wow. this is a long comment. Sorry.

Doug.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home