Monday, April 03, 2006

Thursday.....

Our road trip to Indiana was, well, interesting. Traffic wasn't too bad on the way out....could have been worse, and we got there in good enough time. I was all excited because we were going to the largest music center in the world. Eric was all excited because he had a limited edition Selmer hummingbird saxophone waiting for him. We were both disappointed. There was NO bassoon stuff around. I bought a reed. I got to pick from one brand. Non-impressive. I also got a reemer, and they had to bring that from their distribution center. Other than that, boring!!!
The customer service was AWFUL. Obviously they don't work on commission, becuase Eric and I were wandering around for a good half hour before anybody spoke to us. We finally decided to go to the woodwind desk to see where Eric's sax was. After a LOOOOONG wait, they finally handed over the goods and Eric took that horn, plus his horn and a different selmer sax into a practice room to try out. He really like the other Selmer horn that he was trying, but there were a few adjustment issues with it so he wanted to try a different one of the same model. I went to ask the girl at the desk about it, and she acted all confused as to why anybody would want to try out the same model, but different horn. Obviously she doesn't play an instrument! Hello!!! Not all instruments are exactly alike, even if they are the same model. So, she finally brought another horn out. Then we had to wait forever when we were checking out after Eric decided which horn to buy. Then we had to wait FOREVER to see if he was approved for financing, and then it took ANOTHER forever to finish checking out. Sigh. And then they made us pay taxes on the horn even though we were from out of state. You see, if we had the horn shipped to us, there would be no tax charge, but since we were walking out of the store with it, they charged us an additional $300 in taxes........blah. Basically they were uncooperative, unhelpful and not appreciative of the amount of money we spent in their store. So there. Because of the large amount of time we spent in the store, we were forced to drive through rush hour in the city, and therefore I didn't make it to band. Ooops....

Hmmmm, not much else to report. I'm starting to get a nice bruise on my back from my tumble down the stairs. Maybe I should get Eric to take a picture! I have Wednesday off this week so I can go get fingerprinted....again....I miss Friday's off! Next week.......

1 Comments:

At 12:09 PM, Blogger Momma C said...

I wonder if you can get the state tax back by applying somewhere? Americans visiting Canada can apply to get the GST refunded. Something to look at!

Now on to my blog posting.... a must read for you!!

Love ya Bunches!!!! :) :) ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home