Long rambling...
I really hope that when the time comes for me to have a normal job and life, that I'll be able to kick this "stay up till 2:30, wake up whenever" habit. I suppose that I've always been a night owl, or so my mother says, but I guess that when I've had to get up early, like 6:00, on a regular basis, I could do it just fine. That doesn't mean that I liked it though. I prefer the early hours of the morning, personally. Maybe I'll be able to find a job that will allow for that, although when it comes to working, I like to be in and out of there as soon as possible! I loved being off before 4:00!! It felt so nice to know that a good majority of the day was still ahead of me!!!Unfortunately, there will likely be no working soon.
Sigh.
I suppose it's a good thing to want to be able to work. Some people in my situation would probably prolong the situation as long as possible, milk it for what it's worth. But I like to be an independent person, making money and stuff like that. I guess a job gives you some direction, something to work towards, something to look forward to...it sort of gives me a base to the day, I guess. And I certainly miss the paychecks, that's for sure. But then I read books like "Clan of the Cavebear", and I wish that life could be like that again...working to survive, living off the land, making your own clothing, dishes, and stuff like that, hunting and gathering your own food.......living in nature in it's purest state. I guess that's why I love the mountains so much. You can look at them, virtually untouched, so beautiful...
Living that way has it's difficulties, that's for sure, but everybody worked together for survival. No worries about money, taxes, healthcare, enviromental issues, immigration....it just seems so much better, somehow....
And that's my insightfulness for the evening.
On another Note, has anybody heard from John lately?? If you're reading this John, PLEASE contact me.
Now, about my day. Things went as normal, but then I phoned Eric when I thought he would be driving home (I know, he was driving with his cell phone), and he told me that his student that he would have been teaching from like 4-6 wanted to reschedule to Friday, so he would be coming home for the rest of the day. That made me happy. I hopped in the shower, and then we went over to Wal-Mart so we could deposit checks in the bank, and so that Eric could look at electronics. He hasn't been able to do that for awhile. He picked up the Season 4 of Smallville, so now he's happy:) He's angry though, because I won't let him get a PSP, yet.....hahahaha.
Then we basically just hung out for the rest of the evening. He was tired so he crashed early, and I've just been watching TV, reading and emailing since then. I've been trying to watch Miami Ink. I really like that show!!! I mean, I don't think I'm addicted to tattoos or anything, but I like to see what other people get tattoed on them, and I like watching it. It's pretty cool. Does anybody else watch that show?? I think Ryan does.....I try to watch it often, but I usually don't remember to. The only thing I remember to watch is the Young and the Restless....but I guess that's because I've been watching it for over 10 years....how pathetic:)
Anyhow, I think this post is long enough. It seems as though I had lots to talk about tonight....


3 Comments:
No, I haven't heard from John for over a week. I too have been concerned as he said he was sick in his last comment to me.
On a lighter note......I had to chuckle at your comments on "living off the land". I can't imagine you makeing your own clothes and dishes!!! How many times have you said "I'm not at all creative"? I wonder what your dishes would look like....Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Things may have been simpler but they only lived to be ,like,35, and there was no shopping:)
Sounds like you're getting down. Try not to let it get to ya! Just think, this will probably be the only time in your life you can do this! And you have spent your whole life very busy and working hard! Not to mention, you must be getting very skinny:)
Love ya baby sis!
( I think you have made dishes, didn't they have sparkles and macaroni )
Yeah, I guess the lack of shopping would be no fun...
Unfortunately, I'm not getting very skinny, but not for lack of trying. I guess my life is just to inactive....or something. We'll see. I guess I'm only two weeks into this gym membership thing.
I don't remember these dishes!!! Mmmmm, macaroni plates:)
Post a Comment
<< Home