Tuesday, September 27, 2005

An interesting couple of days

Okay, so I realized that I didn't post yesterday...I meant to, but oh well. Now I have more to write about! I didn't end up having my peanut butter and banana sandwich on Sunday. Instead, when I went downstairs, Eric's mom was making blueberry pancakes, so I had those instead. The pancakes are from a mix from that World Market store, and it's really good. I don't know the brand name off hand, though. But anyhow, nothing exciting happened on Sunday, I don't think.
Yesterday was fun though. I basically hung out in the morning because the cable guy was supposed to come around 2:00, so Eric's dad asked me if I could be home until either the cable guy got there, or he got there. The cable guy never came....stupid cable guy. Anyhow, so there was a big fiasco with them, and when they finally did show up at around 6:30 (after several phone calls back and forth), Eric's mother kicked him out of the house because he brought a used digital cable box that was "beat up". Fun...
Later that night after Eric got home from teaching a lesson, we were sitting around and talking about instruments with Eric's parents, and Eric's dad was wondering about the flute that Eric has. He had to go upstairs to check the brand of it, and he brought it downstairs to play. It was so funny because the dogs, who had never heard the flute up close before, started to bark and howl along!!!! They, or at least Pinnoccio, raised their muzzles to the ceiling and howled for all it was worth. So amusing!!!! Eric's also thinking about getting a new alto saxophone, and Selmer is coming out with this Hummingbird special edition thing, with an engraving of a hummingbird on it, and it's really cool. He's going to look into it, but first he's gotta find some time to go to some stores, etc. Time is something he doesn't have a lot of.
Today Eric and I got to hang out for a bit after he taught at the highschool, and before he had to go teach a million miles away. We just chilled. At around 6:30, we both left; he went to the lesson, and I went to VOLLEYBALL.
Volleyball was fun once we started playing. It was a little slow to start because people were late, and it was the first day so we were trying to figure out what we were doing...but once we got going I worked up a sweat. None of us are really good or anything, so it's fun. It makes me miss the good old days of organized sports that used to be my life. I wonder if I can find anything else to participate in...
Other than that it's been the usual. I've been going to the YMCA everyday since I got the membership (4 days now), but if I keep getting SMARTIES in the mail, I'll have to stay there longer. My sister Jen sent me a book and two family bags of Smarties, and I'm excited!!!! I love Smarties.....hopefully they don't make me too fat:) Thanks Jen!!!!!!
I've also been practicing guitar...but I almost think I need some guidance. I'm getting better, that's for sure. I wish I had a friend here that knows how to play. I guess I could go and hang out in the guitar section of Sam Ash........
Now I'm tired...lots of exercise.....need.....more....Smarties.........

7 Comments:

At 9:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jo, tell Eric to email Sean about Selmer's Hummingbird model... when he did a factory tour of Selmer the guys there demo'ed the new model and talked about it and stuff. He might have something to add in about it, since it's a new thing (I think?) in North America this year. :)

 
At 11:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm so glad you posted, girl! I was worried about you. You had better get that PB&B fix taken care of. After you smartie comments, I'm kind of concerned about a portion of my gift to you. Oh well...

I'm very sick (still), but I'm going to e-mail you all about that tomorrow. Love you! Miss you! Oh, and thanks for the A++! Since you're a teacher, it means a lot!

 
At 12:01 AM, Blogger Momma C said...

Glad to hear that you are enjoying the "Y" and that Volleyball was fun. I haven't posted since Sunday, because I haven't had a brainstorm on what to write about. My postings of my life would be quite boring with gone to bowling alley, played with critters, fed critters, went to bowling alley, ..........

Tell Eric he got a call from a potential student this evening. I will call and say he is unavailable unless he would like to take on another student that lives only 2000 miles away rather than a million!!!!

Love ya both!!!! :) :) ;)

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger Jo said...

John, I'm not too concerned if I get more smarties in the mail:) I love them!! And that means that I will have a nice supply of them until I manage to someday come and visit home.

Alyssa, I will tell Eric to email Sean...but we all know how good Eric is at emailing:)

Mom, I agree that it would be more convenient to teach a student only 2000 miles away rather than a million:) Hahaha....maybe Eric should call them and refer them to one of his Saxaphone friends:)

 
At 4:06 PM, Blogger Jo said...

I am apparently visitor #666 on my own blog....hmmm....scary!!!

 
At 6:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Refer the student to Alfredo? Since he's back in town, I'm sure he would love the extra cash... I don't have his phone number on hand though. Just a thought.

 
At 1:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you got the gift! I figured there was no way you have read that book! Hope you enjoy it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home