The colour green...
Remember how a few weeks ago I bashed my knee really hard against a bookshelf while trying to dodge around the love sac?? Well, back then I hoped for a really awesome bruise from that accident, but that never happened....well, my wish for a really awesome bruise has been granted.The other day it was pretty nice outside, so we decided to open windows in the house to let the nice breeze in and stuff. Eric doesn't have any windows in his room, but he does have a patio, and therefore, a patio door with a screen. Now, the way the room is set up, we have the trundel (trundle??) bed set up right beside this patio door, with about a foot or a foot and a half between door and bed. I was either opening the door or closing it, I don't recall, but then somehow while I was moving away (or towards) the door, I caught my upper shin on the corner of the bed. I didn't really think much of it then because I've done it before, but later that evening I noticed a rather weird tingly feeling there, and I reached down and felt this massive lump on my shin at bed height! It was huge, almost like a scrape!
The next day I looked at it and it had turned a pleasant blue/black/green colour. I'd take a picture, but well, I don't have digital yet! Today it still looks nice....I'm proud of big huge bruises like that...war wounds! You all know how I prize the huge scar(s) on my knees from baseball and softball. I mean, I realize now that I probably should have had stitches on the one that I did right before grad...but oh well. I hardly notice it anymore, and I always have to think about it for a few seconds when somebody says "Good God, what in the world did you do to your knee??". It's just a part of me...and I am weird. I wonder if those scar fading forumlas actually work? I'd probably just end up scraping up my knee even more, assuming I can find a softball team to play on!
On a completely unrelated note, the geese are still coming into the neighbourhood and I've noticed that the amount of groups of them has increased! We had some geese on our lawn today, and I noticed Eric's Mom shovelling this evening...if you know what I mean. I guess in this neighbourhood you have to shovel year round, unless you want squashed green goose sh#t all over your driveway.......


2 Comments:
Oh what a lovely story you have to tell this evening!!! My knee story is that while bowling tonight I had to stop,twice in the middle of my approach, because I had this feeling that my right knee was going to buckle and I would end up doing a face plant on the approach. Not a pretty sight to even think about!!
I thought of you the other day when I saw this magazine ad for Nike. It's a woman's scarred knee and she's talking about how prous she is of it. I thought, that's just like my baby sis! Maybe they stole the idea from you! You should sue them for millions! OK, maybe not, but I thought of you...
Post a Comment
<< Home