Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Busy day, good day

Man, I should really go to bed. I didn't really sleep all that well last night. I tried to go to sleep earlier than usual, but once you've been in a routine for a long time, it's hard to break! I think I turned the TV off at 1:15, but I don't think I fell asleep until well after 2:00. Then Eric had one of his early days today, so he was up just after five. I'm usually somewhat awake while he gets ready to go and stuff, so I was awake until 7:00. Then I finally went back to sleep and woke up at 9:00 when my alarm went off, but I didn't want to get up. I eventually got up at 9:45, only because I thought I really should!!! I had to go to the social security office to apply for a social security number. That is one place that I hope I never have to go to again. I don't want to go anywhere you have to wait in line for a parking space....it is the worst place to park!! I might have to go back though. Although my number will be assigned tomorrow or something, I have to wait until my card comes in the mail, which will probably be two weeks. So if I need the number for a job/job application, I have to go back there and get it. Sigh. I'm hoping that I won't have to....Once I got a parking space there, I then had to take a number and wait for awhile but it really didn't take too long. It's just the parking....there is a mall or something across the street though, so if I wanted to I could probably park there and walk. That might work...
After that was over, I had a relatively nice day. The weather was so nice outside, and I decided to go to Deer Park (Outside mall type thing). I was trying to get Eric some more aftershave, but I just couldn't find the store that I was supposed to get it from. So I just went to Barnes and Noble to use the "facilities" and to get a Frappuccino. Unfortunately they didn't have Green Tea, so I opted to try the Chai tea Frappuccino instead. Not as good, but alright still. Then I walked around the "mall" a bit, enjoying the warm weather and sunshine, and then I got back in my car and drove to Blockbuster. I wanted to see if I could rent "Clan of the Cavebear", and I read on the internet that this particular Blockbuster had it. I went in and asked the guy what I needed to get a membership card. He replied, "State ID, Credit Card". I don't have state ID yet, but then I asked him whether or not a Canadian Blockbuster membership would work or not. He said yes, so he added me to the United States database or whatever. Then I asked him about the movie, and he said they only had it to buy. So I bought a previously viewed copy of it, and it's practically in mint condition. I just finished watching it...what an interesting movie. It's really too bad that it was made in like, 1986, and that they changed a whole lot of things. I think they could do a really good job if they made it nowadays! But it was alright, and I'm satisfied that I have now seen that movie in its entirety.
Let's see. After I got back from Blockbuster, I talked to John for awhile. He's doing much better!!! Then I hauled out my laptop, and turned it on to see if my resume is still on there. I then spent the next couple of hours watching the shows I taped in the afternoon ("The Young and the Restless" and two episodes of "Boy meets World") and bringing my resume up to date. Unfortunately, I added a couple things and now it's like, 3.5 pages long. I have to figure out what to take out. I'm thinking my student teaching is no longer relevant to my resume now that I've got some teaching experience. I'll have to take that out, and figure out what else to remove. Tomorrow I plan on submitting some resumes over the internet, and making some phone calls to see if job postings I noticed before still require workers.
That's my plan...I'm stickin' to it....
Volleyball was really good tonight, too. We're getting much better, and it's such a good workout! Plus they gave me a shirt...
After I got back from Volleyball, I brought the doggies upstairs, hung out with them and ate dinner, and then waited for everybody else to come home! Then I watched my movie, and here I am now.......
I should really go. I'm tired...

1 Comments:

At 1:18 AM, Blogger Momma C said...

Sounds like everthing is starting to fall into place for you there. Not much happening here since my posting earlier today. Glad that John is feeling a bit better. Have a good day tomorrow.

Love ya!!! :) :) ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home