Friday, October 14, 2005

As it turns out...

You haven't fallen off the face of the earth...

You just have lives, unlike me.

I was just concerned because I hadn't heard from anybody all week long. I figured nobody liked me anymore:(

And you're all sick...what's up with that???

Anyhow, so here's what I've been up to: NOTHING. Other than the usual, that is. I just got back from visiting Eric (I was bored, and I went to see if he wanted me to get him food). I got Jimmy John's (Sandwich place, really good), brought it back and the second I got back Eric was suddenly busy with work, so I ate my sandwich and then I left. I then travelled across the parking lot to Walgreen's to inspect their "Candybar" selection. I think I'm right in what I've been wondering about the last few days. They have no 'Caramilk' or 'Oh Henry' bars here. Yet two more of my favourite things that they don't have in this country. Morgan! No Caramilk bars!! The spelling of Caramilk just looks wrong. Perhaps I'm wrong...oh well.
After further research (I took a break from this post to look up things) I've also discovered the lack of 'Eatmore' in the US as well. How horrific. Whatever shall I do??? Oh, and Caramilk IS spelled correctly.
Why are there no good chocolate bars here? I suppose that means I shouldn't want to eat any...but unfortunately when I was at Walgreens I did indeed pick up some candy bars. I got a Rolo bar, Twix, Payday, and "Carmello". They were 2/whatever price it was. I was depressed at the lack of my favourite chocolate bars...

But you're all sick of hearing about that now, aren't you!!!

Unfortunately, I have nothing else to talk about. Unless you want to hear about Ayla and Jondalar's latest adventures. (Clan of the Cavebear series). I'm sure you don't want to.....
Actually, I lied. I did go on an adventure yesterday. I had to go and get my biometrics done for my work document. Eric's parents took me so I wouldn't have to figure out how to get there. I am very grateful for that! I didn't want to have to drive on the expressway, that's for sure. So we go there early but I decided to go in anyway. I had to fill out a form, bring it to a guy, who then gave me a number and told me I would be called. Probably 20-30 minutes later my number was called. A lady took my fingerprint, made me sign something, took my picture and sent me on my way. Wow. The excitement. She also told me my document would be sent to me in 2-3 months. I think I can apply for interim work authorization in a month. The good thing though, is that the place I had to go yesterday is literally right across the street from Eric's parents favourite sicilian bakery (the place they go to almost every week and get yummy pizza and stuff). So after I was finished at the place we went over to the bakery for lunch and stuff. It was good times! Then we went to a couple of Italian import stores that are in the area, and then we came home.

Anyhow, I think that's about all for tonight. I hope everyone is well, and has a wonderful weekend.

4 Comments:

At 10:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What??? No Caramilk? That's ridiculous! Poor Jo... no Smarties, no Caramilk....what are you going to do? Well, at least you still have pink grapefruit juice and good Coke. US Coke is way better than Canadian Coke..maybe it's the coke? I hope you have better odds of winning free Cokes than 1 in 12. Boo. :)

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger Momma C said...

I guess it's time to send a "care" package to my baby girl!! There seems to be a strange lack of certain things in the US of A. We thought that we were behind the times but it doesn't appear to be so!!!!!

 
At 3:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not sure I could live in a place with no Caramilk, Oh Henry or Eatmore. I don't eat chocolate bars very often, but when I do, I almost invariably go for one of those three or Snickers, and you know what they say, a woman cannot live on Snikcers alone.

 
At 1:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What the H#@@ do they eat there? I don't know if I'd trade a TGIFriday's for an obviously deplorable lack of chocolate choice! That may be infringeing (sp?) on your democratic rights! I'd contact the president if I were you. Maybe Bono can help you! Or the Christian Children's Fund....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home