Monday, October 17, 2005

Near Death Experience

Today I nearly died...

My heart nearly failed me...

I nearly suffered a freakin' heart attack...

Let me explain:

Eric's mom got home around 6:30, and brought in the mail. I noticed that there was one piece of mail addressed only to me. Another piece was for both Eric and myself. I picked up the one for just me, turned it over and wondered what was inside. Eric's mom said maybe it was something from immigration. However, stuff from immigration usually comes in a marked envelope. This had no such marking, so I shook my head and said "nah"....

I opened the mysterious mail, and nearly fell out of my chair.

Are you in suspense yet??

I turned the mail over and discovered this really neat card inside.

The card had my picture on it.

And my fingerprint.

And something that said something along the lines of "Employment Authorization Card".

Yeah.

Near heart attack.....

Apparently 2-3 months ACTUALLY means 2-3 days, in my case.

SWEET!!!!

So now my plan for tomorrow is to go to the Social Security office and get me a Social Security Number. Then I can apply for jobs!! Hooray! It also means that I can get a driver's license here...hopefully they don't make me take another driving test!!!!

Not the near death experience you thought it would be, is it???

6 Comments:

At 12:44 AM, Blogger Momma C said...

How exciting baby girl!!! Hopefully you will be able to find a decent enough job to keep you busy and happy!!!

Love ya Bunches!! :) :) ;)

 
At 11:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray! I'm so happy to hear that you can be employed! Funny how when the Government says 2-3 months and they follow through; sometimes they tell the truth! That sounds like the best near death experience you could have hoped for, lover!

 
At 2:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY! Jo can work! Just wait... you'll wish you couldn't as soon as you find a job and start. "I feel sick today", "But you just started!", "yeah, well, I still feel sick."

Happens all the time over here, except those of us who don't get paid sick leave!

Doug.

 
At 10:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Joanne that is so awesome!!! I'm sure you are excited. Lets hope there is something out there for you. Knowing you, you will take a so so job until you find the right job.
Thank you for the b'day card by the way. Very cute picture.

 
At 12:28 AM, Blogger Jo said...

Yes, hopefully there will be a job out there for me! I hope I can find something soon, and you're right Julia, I would take a so so job until something better comes along!! And you're welcome for the card. I'll try to remember to bring you your "Meds" when I come home, whenever that may be!!!!

Doug! Glad to see you're still alive:)

 
At 2:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I'm glad to hear it! Hopefully you'll get a job soon so you'll be able to get me a big Christmas present! HaHA. Hopefuuly you'll be a bit happier with something to do.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home