Shaun of the Dead
A couple of weeks ago Eric and Colin decided to buy DVD's from Best Buy, as they were 2/$20, which we all agreed was a really good price (even though that's $20 American:). Eric bought Shaun of the Dead and Garden State. We really wanted Collateral (really good movie, by the way) but it appeared that they were all sold out. I was sad. Anyhow, so we finally got around to watching "Shaun of the Dead" today...it's interesting...British Humour, and really, I didn't find it all that funny per say, but it was alright nonetheless! I haven't actually seen Dawn of the Dead, though, so maybe it would help if I saw that!On to other topics, I've been doing some serious on-line research into jobs and such, as I finally sent away my employment papers yesterday in hopes that they will receive them, keep them and approve them shortly ("they" meaning immigration). So I've been looking for jobs, and I've been seriously looking into all the early childhood education jobs. The only problem is that a lot of the good ones require a Bachelor's degree in Early Childhood Education (sometimes they say "or equivalent" and I'm not sure if I have the equivalent) or they want at least 18 course credits in Early Childhood or whatever. That poses a problem seeing as how most of my coursework was geared towards secondary education. Sigh. So, then I was looking for Universities and such that offered this Bachelor's degree in Early Childhood Education. I'm trying to figure out if I can take some of the courses from the degree without actually being enrolled in the program. I dunno. Anyhow, hopefully I will be able to find a job that I like without having to take all the extra coursework, although it would be interesting to take......I've always been more interested in Early Childhood than any other form of education, so we'll see. I've also been looking into Master's degree in that field as well, but I'm not convinced I could do a master's degree in anything other than music. I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens. I've found a few companies that don't necessarily require the degree or coursework or state certification...hmmm...the only problem being is if they'll all still be hiring in a couple of months! Joyful joyful, I must say!!!


2 Comments:
doesn't really matter if you've seen Dawn of the Dead. I'm sure you figured out you don't need to be a brain surgeon to understand this one! I personally thought it was quite funny!
ah, best buy....i have to avoid that place like the plague, since i can never seem to get out of there for less than $100.
i have a large collection of unwatched dvds.
(thanks for the link, by the way.)
Post a Comment
<< Home