Monday, July 11, 2005

Edmonton Arrived!

This morning, bright and early, our stuff arrived from Edmonton, finally. Although the boxes we packed the stuff into look a little beat up and worse for wear, the stuff inside seems to be alright, which makes me happy. Now I have a bike to ride around and some rollerblades to dart around the neighbourhood in, plus my tennis racket so maybe Eric's dad and I can play a couple games or something. It was kind of funny though. This poor guy had to pretty much unload the stuff all by himself and he didn't bring anybody else with him, except his 11 year old daughter. He had to haul the stuff all the way up the driveway, up the front steps and through the house and down the stairs.....But he did it. And I'm really impressed that he arrived on time because honestly I wasn't holding my breath. Did I mention how I hate moving and how you should never do it unless you have to? Anyhow, enough about that. I must say though, that I'm a little sad that Oscar wasn't hiding in one of our boxes.......sigh.
This weekend was pretty interesting. Eric and I went to our friends' house for some drinks and a fire, and I learned that Vanilla Twist Vodka is good with Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper. Really good. I'd say you should try it, but I don't think you can unless you go to the states. Yesterday (Sunday) we were pretty lazy as it was Eric's day off, and my day to recover from the Cherry Vanilly Dr. Pepper. So, I guess the weekend wasn't all that interesting, but whatever:)
I'm excited-I can pick up my copy of Harry Potter #6 on Thursday Night, around Midnight. Is anybody else as excited as me? And now I'm also excited because now that our stuff has arrived, I can play video games and watch movies all day...........haha:)

3 Comments:

At 2:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mommy,

As much as I miss you and daddy, I think that Favorite Mommy was just looking out for my safety by not putting me into one of your boxes. I don't think that she could have provided enough food and water to get me there safe and sound in the 5 weeks it took to get there from here. Besides that, can you imagine the smell!!!!!!!!

Bruce has been playing laser tag with me almost every night. I also ALLOW Favorite Mommy 1 hug each day.

Luv Oscie meow meow

 
At 12:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finally! Someone that I actually know who will be reading the new Harry Potter the same time as me! I know I should have noticed this a long time ago, but I've been busy. Yay we can discuss it now! lol

Miss you!
Love Stephi

 
At 1:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, so I was wrong. I can't pick it up till Friday around Midnight, but I'm still excited....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home