Time flies and all that jazz...
I didn't realize that it's been three days since my last post. I'm trying to think exactly what's happened since Tuesday, and it's kind of hard to remember because one day just kind of runs into the next. I think on Wednesday we went over to this big huge sports store called Dicks, formerly known as Gallians. It's like my heaven, and Eric might apply for a job there. We went to see Batman Begins that night with some friends, and then went to TGIFridays for some much needed nourishment. I love that place!!!! Thursday I received some horrible news, and now I feel like I should be at home. I wish I could be. But alas, I guess I cannot be there, and besides it would just mean that I would have to leave and say goodbye again, and that would be even harder. For the rest of Thursday we just hung around at home and eventually went to a place called Hot Dog Richies, home of the "Augie Dog". Has either of us ever told you about an Augie Dog? It's a hotdog wrapped in bacon, deepfried and smothered in melted cheese. Yeah. We each ate two.......delicious!!!! We made sure an ambulance was on standbye........Anyhow, so now it's Friday. Eric's been applying for jobs and spent a lot of time doing that. I've had to deal with our "lovely" moving company, and that's been fun. Tonight we were going to cook dinner but then his parents are taking a dance class downtown and offered to drive us into the city. After the class they were going for dinner and offered to take us with, so we went to Chicago today. We didn't venture too far around the city, but we did walk by a couple of Jazz places and a lot of good smelling fast food. We also visited another large sports store called "Sports Authority" but it's not as cool as Dick's. We went for dinner at this really good Mexican place call "Lalos" and both of us ate way too much because we were really hungry by the time we got there around 8:45. On the way downtown I was tempted to take a picture of the traffic. Wow. It's incredible there! We were driving on the tollway and traffic was backed way up in four lanes of traffic. The only time you would see anything like it in Edmonton is if something was terribly terribly wrong on the Whitemud or something. Crazy!! And then downtown you actually see the cabs weaving in and out of traffic and honking like mad.....just like on the movies. It's fun. Well, I think that's all from me tonight...I should probably go to bed as I will most likely be woken up early tomorrow morning by something or other!!!!
2 Comments:
Hey Jo, I just wanted to let you know that my thoughts are with you in this hard/sad time. Love Julia
Thanks Julia:)
Post a Comment
<< Home