Saturday, July 02, 2005

Happy Canada Day, eh!

Although I'm not in Canada (although I tried to convince Eric that we should drive to Buffalo to see the fireworks at Niagra Falls) I tried to be a little patriotic yesterday. I wore a Roots hat that has "CDN" on it, as well as a roots shirt with a little beaver on it, plus I kinda have a permanent maple leaf tattooed on my back:) I didn't really do anything yesterday, but I thought about everybody back home, and I was wondering what y'all did to celebrate yesterday. So, tell me, what did everyone do yesterday? Here's what I really wanted to do, but didn't. I have a package of special edition Canadian Smarties that have a really cool box and are all Red and White and have maple leafs printed on them, so what I wanted to do was take them to Dairy Queen, crush them up and get the people to mix them into a blizzard for me. For those of you who don't know, this crazy country doesn't have Smarties. Well, okay they do but their Smarties are what we call Rockets (and those are kinda gross). I was rather depressed when I realized that I wouldn't be able to get a smarties blizzard here. Seriously. But anyway, I didn't go to Dairy Queen yesterday to do that. I figured they probably wouldn't have done it for me anyway. Mean Americans:) Anyhow, I'm feeling kinda lonely here, and I would love to hear from everybody!!! Write me:):):) Oh yeah, and I'm also kinda depressed because I don't think they have Zesty Cheese Doritos here, and that makes me very sad. But yeah, write me:)

1 Comments:

At 1:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey Jo! huzzah for being "patriotic" on Canada Day! We couldn't really see the fireworks from PRi's place...... alright we DIDN'T see the fireworks from PRi's place, but we had fun all the same. Anywho, hope all is well with you and Eric with his job and I'll talk to you soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home