The ol' Goluszka Luck...
Hey all. So Eric tells me that the Goluszkas have some bad luck when it comes to some things, like going to the beach. We attempted to go to the beach on Wednesday because Eric had the day off work, and it was supposed to be really hot out and kinda nice, etc. So we got ready to go, hopped into the car and drove for probably an hour or so, and we finally arrived at the beach. We looked up at the sky, got out of the car and then we decided that we probably weren't going to get to lay on the beach because there was this huge storm forming over the water, and it looked as though the lifeguards had evacuated the beach. Sigh. So we stood around for a bit watching this storm brew, and then we decided to walk over to the non-fenced off area and walk down to the water for a bit. All of a sudden, the wind picked up to probably about 60mph (that's about 100kmph) and wewere like, getting whipped by sand. I'm all like, "let's get back to the car", and Eric's all like, "I didn't drive all the way here to not even stick my feet in the water", so I started running to the water, stuck my feet in for a second and then I ran back out, and we headed back towards where everyone else was standing (mostly people that work at the beach now, for everyone else had been running to their car as we approached). We watched the storm for a bit longer (I seriously thought there were funnel clouds), and then headed back towards the car. There was a bench that sort of overlooked the area, so we sat there for a bit, until it started to sprinkle, and then we got back in the car! We started heading back west towards the 'burbs and we got caught in the huge lightning and thunder storm. It was sort of scary, because the thunder sounded within less than a second of the lightning. We thought we almost got hit....but it was an adventure, and man, the beach there! It's awesome!!! I definitely want to go back this summer, when there isn't a huge storm brewing! Eric says that we need to just get in the car and drive without officially making plans to go to the beach. Then the weather will be nice.....Let's see, other than that, not much has been going on. Today Eric has to work for like, 13 hours, so I don't know what the heck I'm going to do with myself. Tomorrow I think I'm going to a wedding (Eric's Uncle's wedding, but Eric has to work). And other than that, there are no plans! I've started reading "Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone" again, for like the 5th time or something. I am in such a Harry Potter mood ever since I finished the 6th book, which by the way, traumatized me, but I loved it anyway. I watched the first and second movies in the last couple of days, and I think I will probably continue reading the books. I love them! You should read them if you haven't!!!! If anybody needs to discuss the 6th book, email me!
Hmmmm, I think I'm done now. If anybody has any suggestions as to what I should do while Eric is at work, feel free to pass them on to me. I would be eternally grateful:)BYE!!!


4 Comments:
Here's an idea! Since you're in such a Harry Potter state of mind and you have such a great amount of free time on your hands, why don't you start your OWN version of book 7? You can either go way out in left field and do your own thing, or you can try and predict what old J.K. Rowling has planned.
Or, if you really want to, get yourself a ticket to Sicily and join me. I leave in 3 days, yo! So excited to the mega.
Miss you much and sorry that your trip to the beach didn't exactly work out - I know how much you like storms.
I totally agree on the Harry Potter book writing thing...as a fellow Potterite and trauma victim of HBP (that's the Half Blood Prince for those that know the book but aren't a HUGE geek like me) I would even be willing to help you write it via email! We don't really have to write a storyline, just some funny stuff about Harry. Maybe he could come to Edmonton via Chicago? Lol think about it.
Ryan wants to know.....
Does Ron do a lot of "snogging" in the American version of the book?
Oh there was plenty of snogging in the American Version. As far as I can tell, the only things that are different are the spellings of words like Colour and Favourite, and the fact that they put a period after Mr. and Mrs.
Hey, does anybody know what a "blood-traitor" is?? Is it a wizard who likes muggles or what?
Post a Comment
<< Home