Breakfast and a Familiar Face
On Friday afternoon I received a phone call from none other than (drum roll please) ALDEN!!! For those of you who have no idea who Alden is, he's a person that Eric and I (and most of you) went to University with. He plays trombone and he was in almost all my classes in first year. In fact, he was one of the first people that I met at the University. Anyhow, so I'm sitting around the house on Friday while Eric was at work, and Alden calls me, telling me that he's got himself a job driving a truck, making shipments into the United States, and that he's going to be in Chicago that night or the following morning, and was wondering if we wanted to get together. We decided that because Eric had to work at 9:00 in the morning on Saturday, that it would be a good thing to go for breakfast early before Eric had to work. So we met at Denny's at 7:00, and it was so nice to see a familiar face! We had an awesome time catching up with him, and it was really bizarre seeing somebody I know in this new place that I live in:) Even though I had to get up super-early, it was definitely one of the better days that I have had since we got here. And then after breakfast I got to go to the bookstore and get my Harry Potter book, and I've been reading it ever since. Surprisingly, I'm not even half way through, but I'm taking the time to read through it and absorb everything. You know, making sure that I don't miss anything!!! It's really good so far, but the problem with buying it here in the U.S.A. is that it's the American Edition, so it has things likeFavorite, and Color. Plus it doesn't match my other Harry Potter books because it's Published in a totally different style. Oh well, it's Harry Potter, and hopefully the book is the same as the ones printed in Canada, despite the different spellings!!! I guess I had better get back to it. Ciao!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home