Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Some Stuff, and Harry Potter

Hey all! So I totally got made fun of yesterday, all day long, for calling Kraft Dinner, well, Kraft Dinner. Apparently they just call it Macaroni and Cheese, so everyone looked at me funny when I said Kraft Dinner and then I had to explain what I meant, and then I got made fun of. I'm sad now, especially since I can't find White Cheddar Kraft Dinner anywhere....only in imitation brands!
Let's see, what else? On a happy note, I finally found my Thai Instant noodles today, so I am extremely happy about that. I've also been looking everywhere for those, and I finally came across them today at an Asian Supermarket. Hooray!
This afternoon I decided that I wanted to go for a walk. The weather was overcast, but it was still nice out when I was out earlier, so I thought it might be a nice opportunity to get some fresh air and exercise, and not be overwhelmed by the heat, so I got my stuff together, stepped outside, and found that it was sprinkling. I stood there for a couple of minutes, contemplating whether or not to walk, and the nice cool breeze felt so nice that I decided, what they hell? So I walked. And I walked. And I walked some more, and when I finally decided that it was probably time to go home (45 minutes later) I was absolutely drenched because it eventually started to rain a bit harder. There wasn't any lightning or thunder, so I figured I was safe. I didn't really feel like getting sick though, so I stopped my walk early. I also figured that since I received the pneummoccocal vaccination (pneumonia) I wouldn't catch it, so I wasn't too concerned about that! It was fun, and I'm glad that I decided to walk. It reminds me of this one time that John and I went on this really long walk from McNally down through the rivervalley, and it was pouring rain and we were drenched to the bone! Good times......
Anyhow, so a friend brought a couple of things to my attention regarding Harry Potter:

1: R.A.B. Anybody know who that person is? Well, apparently Sirius Black had a Brother named Regulus (or however you spell it; I haven't checked it out in book 5 yet).

2: Apparently in Book 5 when the kids are cleaning Sirius's mansion they come across a strange locket that they can't open. They throw it away.

3: Kreacher the house elf liked to rummage through the garbage and steal things back and hide them.....

All very interesting........
Does anybody else have any thoughts? I have a few predictions about the last book:

1: Harry will become the defence against the dark arts teacher at Hogwarts

2: Snape will turn out not to be a servant to the Dark Lord afterall. I think this because of how much Dumbledore trusted him, and the fact that I believe that Dumbledore knew he was going to have to die, and that's why he taught Harry everything he knew about Lord Voldemort, and how to eventually kill him.

3: I think there will be more than 7 books

Anybody else? I'm just babbling. I'm bored.....let me know what you think!!!

6 Comments:

At 2:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, JKR has said many times that there will only be seven books, so I'm disinclined to agree with you on that one. I think your RAB theaory is more or less flawless, though. As for Harry becoming the DADA teacher, I have to point out that he doesn't have his NEWT, and he has other things to do. It wouldn't surprise me to see a resurgeance of the DA, though. I really liked the DA.

In contrast to your walking story, I had to stop for gas the other day, and when I got to the gas station, it was sprinkling. By the time I'd finished pumping gas, it was _pouring_, like, flash-flood intense. The cover of the gas station provided no protection, of course, because the wind was blowing right at me, and it was _cold_, and I goat soaked. I was unhappy. Then I saw a bus get electrocuted, and I thought that was neat and it cheered me up a bit, even if it did block traffic. ^_^

 
At 2:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I more or less meant that Harry would become the DADA teacher at the end of the book, not for his 7th year of school. Who knows?Mmmmm electrocuted buses.....

 
At 6:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good one, now I know who dies and I haven't finished the Order of the Phenox yet. You need to put"warning, if you haven't read the book yet...don't read what's next on my blog" lol. I'm getting there, I only started it a year ago. I'm currently at where Arthur is in the hospital and it's just before Christmas.
Off to Big Valley Friday morning. That will be fun, I've never tented before so it will be interesting too.
Joey did well in the Cat show the other week in BC. He is now a Grand Champion. Cali did okay for a kitten but it doesn't count.
I think that's it from me for now. Take care and don't get to bored.

 
At 7:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I figured if you hadn't finished the 6th book by now, you're not a real Harry Potter fan....and you're probably not going to finish it anytime soon!!! So I put spoilers on. Oh well!!!

 
At 11:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey girl! I just finished it last nite ( Trev got to read first ). I also agree with your RAG theory. You are much smarter than us as we racked our brains and came up with nothing. I also think there will be more than seven. She has set it up to take it away from school years if Harry doesn't return. My jury's still out on Snape BUT we never did find out what happened to D's hand or why he trusted him. Could be linked. Why do we have to wait another 1 or 2 years????

 
At 11:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am totally in agreeance with the R.A.B. thing, although the locket part of OOTP does not ring a bell for me at all, but now that I've read it here I must go back and check it out! Personally, I believe that Snape's true colours are for the good side, but out of pure hatred for the past 6 years, as well as revenge, Harry will put an end to Snape. That's just what I think.

I know you didn't really put this part together, but isn't it great about Ron and Hermione and Ginny and Harry? Even though Harry broke up with Ginny, I personally think it'll resurface again, thanks to the whole "Voldemort's greatest weakness comes from love" thing. Plus, the redhead always seems to end up with the guy with the dark hair! Fred and Wilma, Ariel and Eric, Anne and Gilbert (Green Gables) etc....it just fits. And Ron and Hermione will marry and have lots of crazy babies and it will all be great! Sorry I've been rooting for them pretty much since the beginning.

The only thing I have left to say on this oh so long blog is well, I think Harry isn't strong enough to defeat Voldemort on his own, simply because of the huge following that Voldemort has. Yes, there are ways of getting past that, but remember when Snape and Harry were fighting at the end of HBP, and Snape could counteract Harry's spells via Occumlency? (reading his mind?) They say Voldemort is a greater Legilmens than Snape, and if Harry couldn't even take Snape down, how is he going to get there without Dumbledore or Snape to teach him anymore? Tough stuff. Ok I'm done being a geek now thanks for reading this if you got this far and didn't pass out bye bye!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home