Oh the joys of being an immigrant...
So it turns out that I'm kinda dumb....but we already knew that, didn't we?? I guess I'm not so much dumb as I should have known better, but reading year old paperwork from immigration leads to doing things more than once. Like about a month ago, I may have mentioned that I had to fill out paperwork for a second time because I was using old application forms. Well, while I've been trying to get some stuff together for my application to work, I was reading off of an instruction page that was over a year old, and well, a couple of things have changed since then. Story: Today I dropped Eric off at work and there is a Walgreens right there so I decided that I should go in and get my photos done for the application form. I go in, and I tell the lady what I need done and she just kind of looks at me and says, is this an old document, because immigration doesn't want photos like this anymore! So I tell her that I thought I read on the internet that they do want photos like this. I decided that I should go back home and double check. Turns out that she was right, and it was a good thing that I didn't make her do the photos like I wanted! So upon reading this new info on the net I decided to check and see what else has changed, and it turns out that the check Eric and I got yesterday is written out to the wrong place, so I had to go back to the bank (and back to Walgreens) and get the stuff again. Sigh. Oh well, the stuff is done now, and I can pretty much send out the application in the next couple days! And then maybe I can be a productive money earning individual instead of an internet-addicted lazy ass:)And I have visited Walgreens a little too much today. In addition to the two previous mentioned trips, when picking Eric up from work this evening, it turned out that I had to wait for a really long time. After about half an hour or so, I decided to close my window because bugs were flying in, and then about five minutes after that I felt like I was going to suffocate, so I got out of the car and went into the Walgreens to buy some Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper and some chocolate (or candy) bars. Too much Walgreens. If you don't know what Walgreens is, it's basically like London Drugs. Nothing too exciting.
Other than that, the day was pretty uneventful. I had to call the bank and try to enroll in online banking (one of my secret passions) and check to see if our cell phone bill came out properly. I had to babysit pinnochio (the dog) because he was angry that Gepetto got to go to the Vet without him. He was so angry that Eric's mom took Gepetto and not him. He kept expecting her to come and get him....Angry dog:)And that's about it!!! Tomorrow I think that Aimee and I are going to play tennis. Maybe I'll actually get good at that game......we'll see:) And with that I sign off. Goodnight!


4 Comments:
Is it check or cheque? I'm just wondering because you did call them chocolate bars after all. If you're going to go American, don't do it half-assed. :P
blahblahblahblahblah, and I put "candy" in brackets, so there.
never forget YOU ARE CANADIAN. you just have to look at your a#! to remember
My a#!???? That's not where the tattoo is.....:):)
Post a Comment
<< Home