Stupid....everything....
I'm frustrated with life. But mostly I'm frustrated with money. Everything costs way too much damned money. Especially my car.For the last week or so, my check engine light has been on. My car had been idling pretty rough, so I knew something was wrong. I took it to firestone on Friday. Made an appointment for Saturday. They told me it would be $100 to check the engine diagnostics. I promptly took it to Jiffy Lube, where I thought somebody had told me that they check diagnostics for free. Sure enough, the nice guy ran the diagnostics, wrote down the trouble codes, and sent me to a place called Merlins. They were very nice at Merlins. They fixed half the problem of my car. It needed a new air controller thingy. Yeah, I know, very technical, but I know NOTHING about cars. They also found out the other problem for me, but ended up telling me to go to the dealership to get the problem fixed. My car had a part failure. A leaky gasket or something, plus it needed an engine tune up. It also needs something else done so the dash doesn't vibrate so much, but I told them not to bother with that part because it wasn't essential. So, after about 7 hours of waiting around between the two days (friday and saturday afternoons) and about $830, my car finally feels normal again. But I don't. I feel broke. Hey, at least they washed my car......
Sigh.
So, onto another subject. Have I told you why I decided I don't like cooking/baking?? I realized the other day it's because of the dishes. We don't have a dishwasher, so anything that gets dirty, I usually end up having to wash. That SUCKS. So that's why I don't like to cook/bake. There was baking going on in this apartment last week though. Monday I baked cookies (mom's chocolate chip!!!) for the bakesale we had at our center. I think it's the first time I actually baked something for the bakesales we have. Either I buy something or I use a mix that you just have to add water to or something. I was proud of myself, but again, OH THE DISHES! And then, as a thank you for putting up with me last weekend, and rescuing me from the back of my store, I (well, okay, ERIC) baked a cake. Mexican chocolate cake. Oh, heavenly:) I don't even know if my supervisor got any of it, but the rest of my colleagues at the music store had some. It was yummy. I even saved Eric a piece since he made it and all. I was going to bake it, but I had band and I got home late on Thursday night, so Eric made it for me:)
So yeah and stuff. Eric went to a bachelor party last night. Surprisingly, he came home afterwards!!! They went paintballing so now he's covered in welts. Remind me not to go paintballing.........


3 Comments:
Yeah...cars are pretty costly. I think the amount you paid to repair yours is actually more than mine is worth! Actually, convert it to Canadian and it's about how much I paid for my car back in 1998. Wow, has it been that long?
Sorry about the feduciary issues; I hope things will improve for you soon. If it makes you feel any better, I've been working 13 hour days to prepare for meetings and probably won't get to enjoy my home for the next 3 weeks! But I won't be worrying about car troubles cause I've been walking to work. Yay!
Much love to you, and your domestic husband. Mexican Chocolate Cake? I'm intrigued.
XOXO
As I've said many times - being a grown up sucks. But when you're a grown up you get to eat cake for breakfast if you want :) I find that helps when the money troubles get you down! Mexican chocolate cake mmmm....I haven't had that forever. Maybe Eric could make me some too!!!
HEY! I could make you some. That's what I made for Mom's 50th birthday party, isn't it?? It turned out just fine, thank you very much!!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home