Ying Yang
I forgot how much one can get done during a week day when they don't have a job to be at.Yeah, I apparently don't work on Friday's anymore. I found this out at 10:00 last night. I was pissed. My hours have been cut more than 50% due to slow business...so I spent last night trying to figure out what the hell I was going to do. I still don't know. Do I find another job? Do I say screw it and go back to having my three day weekends, and have $600 less dollars each month, or do I just accept it and work 6 hours on Saturday and that's it. I'm thinking I'll probably be screwed out of a job completely in due time anyway......and I'm still pissed, but not as pissed as I was.
So today, during my unexpected day off, I was up before 7:00, not on purpose, but probably because I was too angry to go back to sleep, so I puttered around, did a little bit of cleaning and tidying, ate breakfast, figured out a plan of action for the day and followed through with most of that plan. I had to go to our insurance broker about insuring our instruments. Then I went to this resale store and was successful in buying two pairs of Dockers pants for $7.00. They're actually quite nice, and I'm pleased. I then had to bring Aimee her cheque from the music store, so I talked to her for awhile, and then I headed over to Eric's parents house to pick up some stuff. Then I went to the bank and finally changed our address with them, made some deposits, got some quarters so that I could do laundry this weekend and headed home. I was supposed to go to the gym, but I got distracted by other things, like Eric coming home and plans with Aimee to do something. Oh well. Maybe next Friday....
I was a little mad at myself though, because I forgot that with the digital cable I have to leave the cable box on to record. I forgot, so 'The Young and the Restless', which I haven't seen in months, didn't tape. Well, I mean, it probably did tape in a way, but all that came out was black squiggles. Sigh. I was all excited about watching it, too.
So anyhow, out fish is still alive, but he's really weird. Yesterday I came home and most of his head was sticking out of the water. I think he's suicidal....but he just can't tread water for long enough to suffocate himself. He likes to sit/lay in the artificial plant, and he looks dead when he does it. It's really strange. And I don't think he eats. I haven't seen him eat yet, so I figure it's only a matter of time before he goes to the light. Eric said that he likes it when we turn the little lamp that's beside his bowl on for him, probably because he's trying to go towards the light. Our little anorexic suicidal fish named Jazz. He has issues.
Ooooh, and so tonight, we finally went bowling. I've been wanting to go for, oh say, a year and a half now, so we finally went!!!!! Ummmm, my first game started out with two gutter balls (oops), and ended with a whopping score of 68. HAHAHAHAHA. But the second game I figured out what was happening, and I finished the night with a much more respectable 158. I think I still want to join a bowling league. That would be nice. It's funny how much a bowling alley feels like home to me.....weird.
And with that, as much as I don't want to go to bed and/or work tomorrow, I figure I should.
Maybe I'll join the "quitting my job" club tomorrow, and go out to celebrate tomorrow night. Somehow I doubt it, but hey, who knows?????


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home