Monday, November 13, 2006

My Dishdrainer is so done

For now. It was a wedding gift, I picked it out, and I like it for what it is, but what it is isn't functioning for us right now. It's an over the sink dishdrainer, which is good if you have two sinks and a dishwasher so that the only dishes that need to go into the dishdrainer are like, a couple pots and pans that you had to handwash. We have one sink and no dishwasher so ALL our dishes had to go into there, so it was A: Too small to serve it's purpose, B: Wasn't good at holding up plates, bowls and other such dishes and C: It's stainless steel so I was afraid it would scratch or chip our dishes. Anyhow, so yesterday I was washing dishes and I was having a hard time getting the bowls to stay put in the dishdrainer as they kept sliding out and being obnoxious. So, finally, one of my denby bowls slipped and smashed into another one and it chipped.

SO ANGRY.

Those are NOT cheap, and I mean, we can still use the chipped bowl and everything, but now IT'S CHIPPED! Stupid. I was so mad. I went to Bed, Bath and Beyond to get a different dishdrainer. A LARGE one that isn't over the sink. One that actually holds plates and bowls upright and one that's plastic and non-slip.

When we're big boys and girls we'll have two sinks and a dishwasher so we can use our other one.

2 Comments:

At 2:05 AM, Blogger Momma C said...

Poor Baby!!!! It really is a pain in the A$$ when you can't get things to do what you want isn't it?????? But then again at least you can replace your chipped bowl because YOUR Denby pattern IS NOT discontinued!!!! :)

Love ya Bunches & Bunches!!!

 
At 8:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you Jo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home