Saying goodbye to 2005
Although New Year's has never been a big thing for me, I thought I would take a page out of Janita's blog, and write some things about 2005.1. Both my mom and Bruce writing off their cars and getting new ones!!!
2. Oscar (and soonie)being sick and giving us a scare, and costing a TONNE of money:)
3. My mommy turned 50, and we had a surprise party for her. Sorry, Mom, we never did go to Chili's, did we?? Maybe I'll take you there when you come and visit...haha:)
4. Eric and me going to Vancouver for three days to get my visa.
5. Celebrating our One Year wedding anniversary at the hotel we got married at, in the MOUNTAINS!!!
6. My going away party was a highlight, and I loved every moment of that day, even if it was a little bit sad:(
7. Moving for the first time, all the way from Edmonton to Chicago.
8. My Grandfather passing away.
9. Spending five months reading, exercising, blogging, and not much else!
10.Finding a new job in a field that I really love.
11.Our Puppy passing away.
12.Having my first Christmas away from home.
13.Our drive from Edmonton to Chicago was pretty cool too, even if it meant moving.
There, those are the things that really stick out in my mind. I'm probably missing some key things....and if I think of them, I'll add them later!!!
I've been trying to think of some resolutions....but I can't really think of anything good. I mean, I've been exercising (and even lost a little weight in the past couple months since I started working) religiously, until the past couple of weeks when holidays got in the way (and unfortunately a lot of food). So I mean, I guess I can resolve to keep on exercising!!! (lose those holiday pounds!)
I guess one of the things that I really want to do is to practice both guitar and bassoon daily. And maybe a little piano here and there. That's a good one.
Another one is to keep in touch better with people, my sisters in particular!!!
Anything else? Maybe think about travelling. That would definitely be healthy!!
There.....
I think this post is long enough. I will tell you all about my New Years later!!!


1 Comments:
Hey! Somebody reads my blog! ^_^
Yeah, I considered making a resolution to practice more, but I figured listening to Russ talk about the same things over and over again would be much better motivation to learn new things. I don't even have any more tech instruments to force myself to practice! There was a time when I seriously thought this day would never come, having taken my tech courses (the ones with instruments, anyways--still have Band and Choral left) over two and a half years.
Post a Comment
<< Home