Just so everyone knows.....
I found this little thing on Duff's blog. I had nothing better to do at the time, and now I know I have about 58-59 years left on this planet. Hooray.
Anyhow, I had a slightly productive day. I got in touch with Alberta Health Care, and convinced them that they should continue my health coverage based on the fact that I only have temporary status in the US. I only had to fight a little, and now I am so relieved that I am still covered by some form of insurance. I am not eligible for the health care that I applied for here, because of the fact that I've only been here for three months. The company I applied with requires 6 months....so I was like, GREAT! What in the world am I going to do without health insurance for three months...probably get into a NEAR fatal accident...that would be just my luck.
So I've discovered that my ears are allergic to 18k gold. Over the past few years my ears have decided to get a little sensitive, and I had trouble with earrings. My mom decided to get my some beautiful 18k gold sapphire studs for my birthday, but they didn't help either. So, I just didn't wear earrings for the longest time. Once in awhile, I'd jam some in, but my ears would get angry so I would take them out again. Before Eric and I left, I put in the gold studs that I have, and left them in for awhile, and eventually my earlobes swelled up to about three times their size...that was fun. But anyhow, today I decided to try and put these surgical steel hoops in my ears, and they were totally fine. After an hour or two, I placed my gold studs into my second holes, and they immediately began burning and swelling up....sigh. So I put some more surgical steel earrings into the second holes, and they are totally fine. I wonder if I'm allergice to nickel or what? I don't know what they mix gold with, but maybe I'm allergic to it. That sucks.....no diamond earrings for me, unless, of course, they make surgical steel diamond earrings....hahaha.
Speaking of jewelry, I might have mentioned the heart link chain that Eric's parents bought while we were at the jewelry show. Eric's mom was making things with it today, so she made Brittany a bracelet and some earrings, and she made me my anklet. It's pretty!! She could also put some of the links on the earrings to jazz them up. She did so for Brittany and they look really nice, so I might have her do the same to mine.
Last night Eric and I watched the Pamela Anderson Roast...it was alright, although I don't think they roasted Pamela Anderson as much as everybody else on the stage. I mean, what's there to Roast, really? Courtney Love, on the other hand.....she's a piece of work, that's for sure.
Oh, and by the way, for those of you who did my quiz....John took it yesterday, and he's the only person that received 100%. I had faith in him!!!!!
Maybe I should make another quiz.....
I am proud of myself. I did my run, AND I did my walk today. That doesn't usually happen!!
Anyhow, I can think of nothing else to write.......


12 Comments:
Wow, I'm dying at age 72, apparently. :P
That means I'll have to survive 9 years without you??? That sucks!!
I'm going to live longer than you... 83! But you'll still have to survive 4 years without me......
It's 85 for me...which is interesting...apparently 84 is the average age for women in Canada (to live until that is...) I want to know what's with the math question though...and how many of you answered it correctly... =)
I answered that it was a stupid question and what in heck did it have to do with me dying. I can't remember high school math.....
I'm dying at the age of 76. Not bad, except I think that's the same age that both of my grandfathers died at. I'm pretty sure the correct answer was x=(-1.5, 4).
Well I wasn't going to take the quiz, but I did and I supposedly am going to make it another 28 years, so if you know how old I am, you will know how what age I will be when I die. Hint: older than Doug!!! Even though I'm not great at math I did answer the same as Doug. I too am pretty sure that is the correct answer. Yes Joanne, it is a stupid question and really has nothing to do with when you will die. Imagine if math had something to do with when you die, the world would be full of math and science geeks and there would be no artists, musicians or writers.
My gosh, I surprised myself at how deep that insight is. ha ha ha ha!!!!
Love ya!!!!!!!!!
Me? Death at 80, which means two years before you, Joanne. But let's get serious, did they ask any questions about family history? Judging by my family's medical history, it's more likely to be at 56. And I think I got a bit of a bonus because I was able to see my toes only since my return from Sicily. Had I answered no, it would have taken 10 years off for sure. *sniff* No more gelato in Canada for me...except I won't have a car in Calgary, so I'll have to walk everywhere anyway. There may be hope for me after all! Hooray!
Ahhhh, Johnny....email me!!! Or phone me...sorry I missed your call yesterday.
And yes, mom, that was VERY deep and insightful! I'm impressed:) Doug, well, it seems as though your age of death is fate.....how morbid.....
I am about to do the quiz but had to say beforehand that in light of mom's comment, if math had anything to do with it I'd be dead already!!!
ok, 77 it is. That's a respectable number. Although I did fudge the injectable and dark alley questions a bit......:) Perhaps I should rethink my diet of Tim Horton's and cigarettes.....
So I"m going to die at age 73 it says. I haven't had internet for over a week now. In fact I'm using my parents computer right now. Telus strike with my move, not a good combo.
Post a Comment
<< Home