Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Uggghh.....

Today was crazy. My co-teacher went on her break at 1:00, so I alone in my room. I had 8 children awake, and not only were they awake, but they were INSANE. I finally had to call for help because I was literally close to tears as I am not an octopus, and I could not keep 8 kids on their cots by myself. It was bad.
During that time, while I was trying to get one child to sleep, he kicked me in the ankle. This is also the same child that was throwing a fit while I was changing his diaper, and I think after I got his diaper off while he was tantruming, he lost control of his bladder and peed. I tried to avoid it, but he got me on the bottom of my pants. Could have been worse. My three year lucky streak of never being peed on has finally ended!!!!! Not that I'm happy about that, I'm just proud of the fact that I've avoided being peed on, until today, for three years:)
I also got spat on today. Funny story. We had the playdough out today, and some of my kids were busy tasting it. I tell them that playdough is not for eating, and that we eat food, but apparently salty salty playdough is yummy! So I leaned down to look in this child's mouth to see if he had a big glob of it in there or not, and I thought he did so I said "Spit that out now!!!" so, he listened, and he spit, right in my face. I deserved it:) You see, two year olds do not spit like older kids or big people. Unfortunately for me, they sort of blow raspberries. And anyway, I got projectile spit right in the face. Good times. At least he spat when I asked him to!!!
A good thing today...I was going to go to Starbucks after my stressful nap experience, and there's a Ben and Jerry's right by there. I remembered that it was "Free Cone Day" there, so I went and got ice cream instead. Against my better judgment, I got a chocolate fudge brownie cone. It was good. I think a green tea frappuccino would have been better, but hey, the ice cream was free. I made a donation to the charity there, but the ice cream was free!
Well, I think that's probably enough out of me right now. I'm really hungry.....just waiting for Eric to come home now. Should be going to the YMCA, but probably am not. Oops.

5 Comments:

At 10:10 PM, Blogger Momma C said...

Spit and Pee in one day????? How lucky can one be?????????

At least you got a free ice cream cone!!! I saw that on Martha today. Too bad we don't have Ben and Jerry's here.

Love ya Bunches!!!! :) :) ;)

 
At 6:59 AM, Blogger Jo said...

I think you do have Ben and Jerry's. Isn't there one in WEM??? Maybe that's another ice cream store......

 
At 2:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh wow...nothing like an intense Tuesday to make you want the weekend. Me, on the other hand - I was so happy to come back to work after another long weekend. My move was an absolute disaster. But it's done. Hope you're well, Miss!

 
At 9:10 PM, Blogger 'Nita said...

Yeah, that is a Ben & Jerry's in West Ed. I'm glad I didn't know about free cone day, though, because I would have gone out there and then probably wondered around the mall and bought stuff and then it wouldn't really be free.

 
At 11:20 PM, Blogger Momma C said...

Well, you know me and WEM!!!!! I wouldn't have a clue that there was one there! tehehehehehe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home