Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Furry Friend visits once again

Eric was sitting in our "living room" eating a snack and he heard some weird noises coming from the kitchen. He came over to investigate, and sure enough, behind the stove with one paw on the sticky trap, was our little mousie "friend" chowing down on his own little snack. Eric left to get his shoes or whatever, came back and our mousie friend had vanished. Gross. How he got his paw off of the glue trap, we'll never know. Hopefully he comes back to eat from the other two traps so we can get rid of him once and for all!!!!!

In other news, Eric purchased a Christmas tree yesterday, as well as some coloured lights. We also went and picked out some garland and decorations. It looks a little sad, what with it's 'too heavy' tree topper and sparse decoration, but I forgot to get hooks for some of the decorations that we bought, so hopefully once those ones are added the tree will look happier. Perhaps I shall post a photo of that also!

7 Comments:

At 1:01 AM, Blogger Momma C said...

I've heard that the sticky traps aren't that good. There is also an electronic thing that plugs into an outlet that sends out a noise that they can hear but humans cannot that works. I had one at the condo, got it from Home Depot.

Tree topper advise.... fold over the tree to to give it a bit more strength.

Love ya!!!!!! :) :) ;)

 
At 3:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

peanut butter bait in snapping traps has worked for me in the past. There are snapping traps that you can get that are a modern take on the old wooden mouse traps....a bit vicious, but it worked. I can't wait to see pics of your tree....I'm putting mine up on Saturday:)

 
At 9:31 PM, Blogger Jo said...

Hey Morgan, aren't you supposed to put your tree up on Friday????

And I don't want snapping traps. Bad enough to have mice, but mice snapped in half? Gross.....

And we did fold the tree top over, AND had a like, wrap extra garland around it to give it strength. I definitely picked a hearty tree topper, or a flimsy tree. One or the other, or both!!!!

 
At 12:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually those snappies often just decapitate the mice. In any case, I say you stick whatever is left from the trap, mouse and all, on top of the tree. Live star!

 
At 11:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why don't you just put some poison in some food? With any luck they'll be at someone else's place when they croak!!
I think I might put up my tree this weekend too. I don't know how it will go with Daisy.....I'm sure she will LOVE all the shiny things and the mess it takes to put it up!!Hopefully we won't have to make another trip to the vet...Thank goodness for insurance!

 
At 6:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

actually, the snapping traps we have do NOT decapitate mice....their heads just get a bit squished, but I've never had to clean up mouse parts or blood. gross. we also have some rat poison, which has worked....but I wouldn't recommend it in the kitchen!

 
At 9:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Apparently the "food" on the sticky-trap was actually rat poison. Our "mousie friend" ate a whole block of it. I don't think he'll be coming back any time soon....unless of course there are ghost mice. Anyone know of any ghost-mouse traps? ;o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home