Edit
Okay, so minutes after I finished my last post, I discovered something. I enjoy company, and I like to play hostess sometimes, surprisingly, but only when our guests are invited. We have an univited guest.....I think it was a sign that our whole wheat cheese biscuits didn't turn out so good. Yesterday I noticed that there was a small tear in the bottom of the bag and that the grocery bag the flour was in was torn. I figured it got caught on something as I pulled it out from under the sink. We don't normally keep things like food under the sink, but with the extra groceries needed for thanksgiving, we needed somewhere to keep them and under the sink had a lot of room, so that's where extra things went. Anyhow, so tonight I opened the cabinet door for the space under the sink to get some pop out, and I saw something scuttle. I thought my eyes were decieving me since it was dark in the kitchen, but I REALLY didn't think that I imagined it. I turned on the kitchen light and peered to the back of the wall and thought that I MIGHT be seeing droppings. I called the big strong boys over and we determined that we have a flour feasting mouse on our hands. So apparently it was a good thing we didn't eat much of the biscuits, since it appears that a mousie was munching on our flour pre-bake. GROSS!!! So anyhow, we left everything as is and I immediately called maintenance. Within an hour the maintenance man came up and set three sticky traps, so I might have the pleasure of seeing a mouse or two in the morning. I'm so GLAD. Yuck. So now we have three mouse traps and I had to throw away the flour and sugar. Oh well. Good thing I don't hardly use those items! I didn't have anywhere to store them anyhow....which is why we had the problem in the first place.
Yuck.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home