Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Mmmm, Sandwich

I've always been told since I started working where I work now, that you should always try and sandwich a piece of bad news with two pieces of good news. So, I decided that I'm going to attempt that right now.

Okay, top layer, good news: Eric got his Dell Axim in the mail today. He's very happy, and I'm happy that he's happy. He also got a really sweet bluetooth keyboard to go with it and it's really awesome. He will look really cool (or dorky) next year in University taking notes with his PDA.

Okay, middle layer, BAD news: I had to completely erase my iPod today because I had to link it up to our new computer. How shitty. So now I have to load all my CD's onto the computer (again) and do everything all over again.

Okay, bottom layer, GOOD news: I AM OFFICIALLY COMING HOME!!!!!! I booked the vacation time, I booked the plane ticket, and on June 23rd, I will be arriving home at about 3:00pm. How happy am I??????? I get to come home all the way till July 5th, when I will be leaving at around 2:00pm. SWEET!!!!! So, keep that time in mind and let me know if we can get together sometime!!! I am in need of some Darrien's, Thai Food, Sushi and in general some hanging out, seeing as how I have NO friends here. Unfortunately Eric will probably not be coming with me at all:(:(:( And I'm sure now NONE of you want to get together with me now that I said that, because we all know it's Eric you all love, and well, who could blame you?? Oh shit, I'm adding a layer of bad again. Now I need to think of something positive...hmmmmmmmmm........uh oh. I'm stuck:)I never was good at the sandwiching technique!!
And speaking of sandwiches, before we went to pick up Eric's thingy at UPS, we went to get food, and I got an Italian beef sandwich with hot peppers on it. It was yummy, but it was VERY spicy, for some reason. My mouth was on fire, and my "spicy food dots" (two dots that appear under my left eye whenever I have something that's too spicy for me) appeared. I had to chug some raspberry iced tea and then some diet coke. Haha.

So, that's my story!!!

7 Comments:

At 10:22 PM, Blogger 'Nita said...

Yay for coming back!!! Kaitlyn will have to come up from Calgary so that we can all go eat copious amounts of food! Ooh! And Doug and Courtney, if possible! Darrien's is no longer Darrien's, though--it's now Coast to Coast because it got a new owner, but the wings are still the same. :-)
Also, maybe I missed this, but has Eric heard back from Bowling Green yet?

 
At 10:46 PM, Blogger Momma C said...

Well, of course I will want to spend all the time I can possibly do with my baby girl! I am very excited too!!!:)

Your word verifications have become quite difficult as of late. This is the one here all scrunched together:
qmhhbtqm Notice the 2 'Q's!!!!!

 
At 11:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm glad you're excited about coming home....now, I'm one of those people who couldn't go to your going away party or anything like that, but as far as I know, I am you link to softball. I'm playing in the John Fry league this year, and I have games June 27 and July 4, if you can make it out. Both games start at 6:25, so we can even go out afterwards! Let me know if you have time to meet up, even if you're just hanging out someplace. Hope to see you soon!

 
At 12:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I'm done on June 30th, so I should be able to make it back for a little bit.

I wish you would have told me about the iPod before you ereased it! There are programs you can download to transfer songs from your iPod to computer.

Doug.

 
At 2:33 AM, Blogger Momma C said...

Just thought I would update your info re Oilers...... They won game 3 tonight/this morning 3-2 in the 3rd period of overtime. Series with San Jose is now 2 games to 1 for San Jose!

Love ya Bunches :) :) ;)

another 'Q'

 
At 5:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAYYYYYYYYY! I'm so glad you're coming home! and Daisy is excited to meet her auntie Jo. I can't wait to see you!
Doug, what about these programs? Hilliard wiped our computer and the iPod library got erased so we're in a similar pickle. And funny, Mac hasn't responded to our e-mails for help.

 
At 10:33 PM, Blogger Jo said...

Wow, lots of comments.
Dougs, DAMMIT! Oh well, shit happens:)
Steph, I will try and make it out to a game! Yay for softball!
Mom, hooray for the Oilers, and you will probably see the most of me as I am hoping to stay at your house!!!
Jen, I can't wait to meet your baby Daisy, and I hope you can get your music back onto the computer:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home