Sunday, April 30, 2006

An eventful weekend, for a change

I actually did things with people this weekend! On my way to band on Thursday night, Sheena, a girl I went to highschool with, calls me on my cell (I knew she was in town) and asks if I want to get together this weekend. I say, Sure! So we kind of made plans for Friday, but then she called late on Friday and we rescheduled for Saturday instead. So at around 5:30 I picked her up from her hotel and we went to Starbucks (mmmm, Green Tea Frappuccino's for everybody!), and then we sort of killed some time until Eric got off of work to meet for dinner. We went to Circuit City, and then across to the mall to browse. I found the soap in Bath and Body Works that I've been searching for for awhile. That was good!!!! After that we decided to go for deep dish pizza, so I left a message for Eric to meet us at Uno's. We ordered, and just as the pizza arrived, so did Eric!! After eating we went to see "Silent Hill", which is not very good. I mean, it's alright, but not that great. I would recommend not paying an enormous amount of money to go and see it. Anyhow, so after teh movie I dropped Sheena back at her hotel and we made plans to go downtown today. I picked her up around 11:00 this morning, and the weather was MISERABLE. Raining, windy. Gross. But we went anyway, and spent four hours wandering around. We walked from the train station down to Michigan Ave (the magnificent mile), down to Buckingham fountain, all the way down to the Shedd Aquarium and then ALL the way to Navy Pier. Trust me, it's far! We tried to actually go into the aquarium, but the lineup was humongous to just get tickets and go in, so we went into the gift shop instead. Haha.
I bought some very yummy popcorn from Navy Pier, and then we hopped onto a free trolley that took us back to Michigan Ave. Oooh, before we even got to Michigan Ave the first time we ate some food at Panda Express, a VERY yummy chinese food place. So good. Fuelled us up for our long journey.
Then, from Michigan Ave we walked all the way back to the train station and managed to catch the 4:30 train just in time. Otherwise we would have had to wait for the 6:30 one. That's a long time.....then we both nearly fell asleep on the train, and I dropped Sheena off back at her hotel. I think we were both exhausted.......
So that was my weekend!

1 Comments:

At 12:53 AM, Blogger 'Nita said...

They have Panda Express down there? We have at least one here. The phone number is something insane like 438-FOOD. They advertise using those billboard trucks, and those annoy me because there's always one on the service road I take to work, right in my way. Harrumph. ^_^

 

Post a Comment

<< Home