Thursday, June 15, 2006

Ouch

Yesterday I went to the doctor. They poked me three times. Ouch. First the lady drew my blood. Man, I don't remember having blood taken being that uncomfortable. It really hurt. I didn't like it. I think she probably didn't do a good job.....
Anyhow, so then I had to go back to my examination room and wait. And wait. And wait some more....I went out of my room to ask the lady who drew my blood if someone was coming to stick me with two more needles. She went to find out, and then she ended up sticking me herself. I was the proud receiver of a tetanus booster (Which really frickin' hurts) and a TB test, which doesn't hurt so much. My arm hurts.....
And then there was today. I barely got any sleep last night. I had trouble getting comfortable seeing as that I sleep on my side, and my arm really hurts to the touch. Then, if I got comfortable I had about 6.2 million things on my mind, so I just couldn't fall asleep. I should have taken some drowsy cold medicine or something. Anyhow, so I had maybe 4 hours of sleep last night and felt sick to my stomach this morning. I hardly made it through breakfast....then at work as soon as I walked in the door a preschool teacher told me about how one of my kids had the worst diarrhea ever and went on to use descriptive words that I'll spare you....and I seriously almost threw up. And then I went into the preschool room where above said diaper was changed and I seriously had to walk back out again. The Lysol smell mixed with the underlying stench of.....My stomach was NOT feeling good. I mean, I change LOTS of diapers and poop just doesn't bother me....I think maybe the shot I got yesterday had something to do with the way I felt, but man.....
Anyhow, I retrieved all my children and went on with my day. It got better....I had Starbucks:) I feel mostly alright now, but I'm tired. Tomorrow I have to go back to the doctor to show them my arm (the TB test thingy), and do other fun things I'm sure. One more week until I come home!!!

5 Comments:

At 7:03 PM, Blogger 'Nita said...

Criminy, is it that soon? Wow. Time freakin' flies when you're working a lot.

 
At 11:31 PM, Blogger Jo said...

Ryan: Glad you noticed my choice of colors:) I'll wear my new Oilers T-Shirt on Saturday to cheer on the Oil:)
And so sorry that you passed out in class....that must have been rather embarassing!
Janita! Yes, it is that soon! Hard to believe...........

 
At 3:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I can relate to you in a couple of ways! Yes, the tetanus shots hurt like a SOB. It will get better soon.Take some advil. That nurse must have done a crappy job drawing your blood. And as far as the poop thing...welcome to my world! As I was cleaning Daisy's poop the other day I was wondering how I got to a place in life where I spend so much time dealing with other people's poop! Oh well, I guess we can't all be movie stars:) Enjoy the game tonite! Unfortunately I will be cleaning poop but hopefully I'll catch some of it!

 
At 1:33 PM, Blogger Momma C said...

Enjoy the game tonight!!!

Cleaning up poop is almost as bad as cleaning up water in the basement as Bruce and I did last night!!! See my blog for more details :)

I hope that your arm is feeling better today. I agree with Jen, that the nurse did a pi$$ poor job of drawing your blood.

Love ya Bunches Muffin!! :) :) ;)

word ver. muyfnm (muffin????)

 
At 5:15 PM, Blogger MorPRi said...

Sorry to hear about your arm! I had to get my tetnus booster in April when I started at the Grey Nuns.... I bruised for a week after that one. I also agree with Jen...the nurse who took your blood was pretty terrible. Remember my megabruise in grade 12 when I donated blood? That shouldn't happen. Anywho, I can't wait till you come home:):) Thankfully the only poop I am cleaning up nowadays is neonatal poop...not too bad at all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home